Nika mic’d up | The Boneyard

Nika mic’d up

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"He's the smartest m an in the country... the smartest man... the boss man"... After seeing that, I can just picture Geno ... "I approve this message" LOL. (then he goes and shows it to Paige!!!)
I recall Paige early on in one of her very first presser's saying that "Coach is never wrong" in regards to analyzing BB .

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
"He's the smartest m an in the country... the smartest man... the boss man"... After seeing that, I can just picture Geno ... "I approve this message" LOL. (then he goes and shows it to Paige!!!)
I have a feeling Muhl was well aware she was being recorded when she gave those platitudes. :)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Pretty sure if you are mic’ed up you know you are recorded.
So, are you saying that while mic’ed every person is aware that everything they say is being recorded and speaks accordingly?

Because I am saying that, while some things are said without a thought to the recording, such as when mic’ed coaches swear, Muhl made those comments deliberately as a joke for Auriemma to hear, rather than being off the cuff thoughts.

Reaction Score
Like the pull up shot and that Geno was working on it with her. Like her, always have. She has to be an offensive threat. It can be a game changer literally. Not just her shot but her drives and finishes to the hole.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, are you saying that while mic’ed every person is aware that everything they say is being recorded and speaks accordingly?

Because I am saying that, while some things are said without a thought to the recording, such as when mic’ed coaches swear, Muhl made those comments deliberately as a joke for Auriemma to hear, rather than being off the cuff thoughts.

I am sure she was deliberate in her word usage describing Geno and wanted it to go public but I would not say as a joke. I think it is clear that among all the players on our roster,. the deepest emotional connection between player and coach is the Geno-Nika connection. Even deeper than the Geno-Paige connection.

Geno gave her significant minutes even when many did not see her value and has expressed that often. In the reverse direction, I recall the time during the celebration of the BE tournament that Geno was describing the way all his players acted like champions when they did not complain about minutes once our starters started to recover from injuries. The reverence Nika had for that comment was very deep

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I don't believe she is saying those things about Geno because she has a mic. I am sure he has angered and frustrated her among other things but from day one, she completely trusted and respected him. Their connection is strong but with Geno I don't think it is unique.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I am sure she was deliberate in her word usage describing Geno and wanted it to go public but I would not say as a joke. I think it is clear that among all the players on our roster,. the deepest emotional connection between player and coach is the Geno-Nika connection. Even deeper than the Geno-Paige connection.

Geno gave her significant minutes even when many did not see her value and has expressed that often. In the reverse direction, I recall the time during the celebration of the BE tournament that Geno was describing the way all his players acted like champions when they did not complain about minutes once our starters started to recover from injuries. The reverence Nika had for that comment was very deep
I concede “Joke” was not a wise choice of words, more like playful banter. The tone of voice suggests to me she was having fun, rather than bearing her grateful soul. Having fun also is very much in keeping with Muhl’s personality. I do not doubt she has great affection for Auriemma and likely thinks he is the smartest coach in the country. But “smartest man in the country?” I believe that was affectionately playful hyperbole.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I concede “Joke” was not a wise choice of words, more like playful banter. The tone of voice suggests to me she was having fun, rather than bearing her grateful soul. Having fun also is very much in keeping with Muhl’s personality. I do not doubt she has great affection for Auriemma and likely thinks he is the smartest coach in the country. But “smartest man in the country?” I believe that was affectionately playful hyperbole.
I agree that she uses playful language which is consistent with her personality but I wanted to emphasize that her main goal (imo) was to express a deep respect for her Coach. The word 'joke' invoked a level of sarcasm which I think we both agree was not the case.

By the way, is being the smartest man in the country so hard? ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because there can be only one?

Reaction Score
I agree that she uses playful language which is consistent with her personality but I wanted to emphasize that her main goal (imo) was to express a deep respect for her Coach. The word 'joke' invoked a level of sarcasm which I think we both agree was not the case.

So hard? Probably not. I haven't seen much evidence of intelligent life on this planet, except here on the BY, of course :)

Reaction Score

I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but what evidence would you propose that Geno and Nika clearly have the deepest emotional connection? Your second paragraph doesn’t address the issue. Like you, I closely follow the team, and though I don’t doubt that Geno and Nika have an important connection, I have no idea which player Geno feels the strongest bond with. So I’m interested in your thoughts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but what evidence would you propose that Geno and Nika clearly have the deepest emotional connection? Your second paragraph doesn’t address the issue. Like you, I closely follow the team, and though I don’t doubt that Geno and Nika have an important connection, I have no idea which player Geno feels the strongest bond with. So I’m interested in your thoughts.
I thought the second paragraph does address the issue (to my satisfaction at least) . If you don't, I have no further proof.

Reaction Score
I thought the second paragraph does address the issue (to my satisfaction at least) . If you don't, I have no further proof.
Sorry. I thought you would have more to say. I hope you know that I wasn’t criticizing you. I was interested in the topic, and I’m always interested in your comments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom