Nika makes Sportscenter’s Top 10 | The Boneyard

Nika makes Sportscenter’s Top 10

Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. Now let's brace ourselves for 10 pages of why Nika shouldn't start.
1200x0-2450947562.jpg

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That no look pass thing really works. Notice that the defender never turns her head towards where the pass goes, keeps her focus on Nika. Aubrey has a totally free lane.

Also notice how explosive Aubrey is. From the three point line, she only needs three steps and she is at the rim.

Reaction Score
The AA NM played an outstanding game.

Big presence on defense and held her own shooting. Terrific on the boards. Loved the way she bodied up one of Dayton's bigs who tried to back her down and thought she would get an easy two over the much smaller NM. NM forced the missed shot. Kid is tough.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. Now let's brace ourselves for 10 pages of why Nika shouldn't start. View attachment 92907

That’s funny.

We know that Dayton is by no means the most competitive team we’ll face this year but likely not the worst. I was pleased with the distribution of minutes and hope the coaches are able to do this often this season.

If that’s the case, does it really matter that your 15 minutes come off the bench or you start the game? I think for a few players there would be an element of pride, but I don’t think this would be characteristic of our players.

Reaction Score
Heck, Nika could have a top 10 on ESPN just about every game for one reason or another with one of her spectacular plays. Nika is the heart of this team and deserves it. GO NIKA!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
The AA NM played an outstanding game.

Big presence on defense and held her own shooting. Terrific on the boards. Loved the way she bodied up one of Dayton's bigs who tried to back her down and thought she would get an easy two over the much smaller NM. NM forced the missed shot. Kid is tough.
There may be games this year where Edwards, Ice and Ayanna get into foul trouble early. Anyone here doubt that Nika would be more than happy to guard an opposing big in the lane and somehow get 10 boards?

Selfishly, I really hope she stays for her extra Covid year, even though it would be to the detriment of some of the freshmen.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It was a nice play by Nika for sure, but it really must have been a tough night for highlights in the NBA, NHL, WCB and MCB for that little sequence to be #9 on a top 10 list
I was expecting a different play from Nika. The one that had me saying “Holy Croatia Batman!” was when she tipped the ball, dived on the floor to corral it and managed to make the pass from the floor to start the fast break.

Reaction Score
There may be games this year where Edwards, Ice and Ayanna get into foul trouble early. Anyone here doubt that Nika would be more than happy to guard an opposing big in the lane and somehow get 10 boards?

Selfishly, I really hope she stays for her extra Covid year, even though it would be to the detriment of some of the freshmen.
I would not bet against her. She would find a way to be a pest and get under their skin (almost literally).

Reaction Score
I tried to like as many posts here as I could with one notable exception....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom