Nika Mühl is ready to ‘lead by example’ | The Boneyard

Nika Mühl is ready to ‘lead by example’

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it is a fabulous article about Nika. I am looking forward to her continued improvement on the offensive end. She does not get enough credit for how smart she is on the offensive end or how her assist to turnover ratio improved greatly as the season progressed. Nika is a savvy basketball player. That old school vibe about her game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it is a fabulous article about Nika. I am looking forward to her continued improvement on the offensive end. She does not get enough credit for how smart she is on the offensive end or how her assist to turnover ratio improved greatly as the season progressed. Nika is a savvy basketball player. That old school vibe about her game.

Nika flew home to Croatia on Tuesday and will stay for about a month before returning to Storrs for the start of the team’s summer workouts. It’ll be her first time officially in the upperclassmen role and she knows she’s ready to lead.

“I’m looking forward to that responsibility, honestly,” she said. “Don’t get me wrong, of course I’m gonna fail and I’m gonna mess up. I’m still just a player like everybody else is but just having in mind that I’m now, I’m the older guy on this team and I need to lead by example is really going to change the way I approach this game.

“I’m looking forward to that. I really think I’m ready to grow up a little bit.”

Reaction Score
As her father said " Nika was a handful at an early age."
and I think Geno and the other Big East coaches said the same
thing more than a few times in the past 2 years! ( at any age!) Go Nika!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nika’s dad…

run away dream corp llc GIF by Adult Swim

Reaction Score
Nika flew home to Croatia on Tuesday and will stay for about a month before returning to Storrs for the start of the team’s summer workouts. It’ll be her first time officially in the upperclassmen role and she knows she’s ready to lead.

“I’m looking forward to that responsibility, honestly,” she said. “Don’t get me wrong, of course I’m gonna fail and I’m gonna mess up. I’m still just a player like everybody else is but just having in mind that I’m now, I’m the older guy on this team and I need to lead by example is really going to change the way I approach this game.

“I’m looking forward to that. I really think I’m ready to grow up a little bit.”
I just love that she is not afraid to fail or mess up! The mark of a solid player that wants to keep getting better and coachable. Also, gotta love & respect the fact that she is so vocal. Love that, no matter the player, she is talking to them. She is a solid leader.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you can’t read the article, clear your cookies or use another device, e.g. phone, table, pc, etc

Or, you could subscribe. The Courant puts out good content. They deserve support and it’s not that expensive

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If you can’t read the article, clear your cookies or use another device, e.g. phone, table, pc, etc

Or, you could subscribe. The Courant puts out good content. They deserve support and it’s not that expensive
The Hartford Courant just doubled their online monthly price to $15.96 from $7.96. Still, the hometown paper is worth it as they are all in on UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
I noticed that also. I don't even live in CT so a lot of what they cover is not terribly relevant to me. I subscribed for the UConn athletics info and have learned to love the comics. I'm seriously thinking of unsubscribing at least until closer to the season. Not sure yet.

Reaction Score
I, for one take Nika at her word, 'She's ready to grow up and embarrass her role as a leader'. In one of her earliest interviews she spoke of her podmate Evina as being like their mom - that became Evina's team identity over the last two seasons. In a more recent interview she spoke of the 'young guys messing up' but the seniors shouldering the heat for all that went wrong in practices and games. She's had great role models, especially 'her mom' Evina. Geno has often cited her being the voice of the team, a change maker and someone that plays UCONN tough.

Nika is well known for being an open book, she says exactly what she feels. I am very excited to see how upperclassmen Nika Mühl impacts her team in 22-23. She loves her teammates, coaching staff and, as per Darko in the article, the fans. All her energy and intensity will now be focused in a commitment to do whatever she can to help her team achieve all their goals. I wouldn't bet against her or the 22-23 Huskies. As I've said before, I absolutely love this kid and what she brings to our Huskies, not withstanding that, I am grateful that I am not her dad or for that matter her coach (which both although clearly have been driven to the edge love her as well) !

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I, for one take Nika at her word, 'She's ready to grow up and embarrass her role as a leader'. In one of her earliest interviews she spoke of her podmate Evina as being like their mom - that became Evina's team identity over the last two seasons. In a more recent interview she spoke of the 'young guys messing up' but the seniors shouldering the heat for all that went wrong in practices and games. She's had great role models, especially 'her mom' Evina. Geno has often cited her being the voice of the team, a change maker and someone that plays UCONN tough.

Nika is well known for being an open book, she says exactly what she feels. I am very excited to see how upperclassmen Nika Mühl impacts her team in 22-23. She loves her teammates, coaching staff and, as per Darko in the article, the fans. All her energy and intensity will now be focused in a commitment to do whatever she can to help her team achieve all their goals. I wouldn't bet against her or the 22-23 Huskies. As I've said before, I absolutely love this kid and what she brings to our Huskies, not withstanding that, I am grateful that I am not her dad or for that matter her coach (which both although clearly have been driven to the edge love her as well) !
Tell me you meant EMBRACE and not EMBARRASS her role as a leader. lol

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm sure he meant Embrace. In my book, she has already embraced a leadership role. We have all seen it, in the huddles, on the floor on offence, and defense. She probably doesn't recognize that fact and thinks she has failed, but to me she has not.
Experience will give her confidense, and according to her she has that now. I look forward to seeing her next year leading this team, physically and emotionally. I know she may not start, but I'm positive Geno will put her in the right situations to help this team forward.

Reaction Score

Missed that when I re-read before posting! Guessing my computer autocorrected a misspelling. That's why writers can't proof read their own stuff. I'm not a writer but my wife is an editor so glad she doesn't read the Boneyard. Thanks for catching my mistake.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Missed that when I re-read before posting! Guessing my computer autocorrected a misspelling. That's why writers can't proof read their own stuff. I'm not a writer but my wife is an editor so glad she doesn't read the Boneyard. Thanks for catching my mistake.
Having had one novel published. I concur that it’s absolutely true that proofreading your own stuff without then having a few more sets of eyes read and a professional edit is a bad idea. Also, I shut off both auto correct and grammar check and leave on spell check. Grammar check is bad for fiction if you want some characters to be lousy grammarians plus people talk in partial phrases etc. Grammar check would go crazy.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The Hartford Courant just doubled their online monthly price to $15.96 from $7.96. Still, the hometown paper is worth it as they are all in on UConn athletics.
And, if you only care for articles during the season, click on a bunch of links in October, and you might get a promo that's inexpensive for 6 months, then price goes up afterwards, but you are covered for the good stuff. Mine is about to expire so I may call to cancel and see what they offer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom