Nika encounter | The Boneyard

Nika encounter

Reaction Score
Hey just wanted to share. At the men's game yesterday, a bunch of the gals were sitting near and around us. They obviously try not to attract attention- they are pretty low-key . Anyway near the end, Nika and one of the others were leaving and walked by our aisle seats. There was a lot going on & it was a bit noisy but i said "Niiiikaaa" not very loudly. She turned and looked at me and gave me the cutest shy smile. I waved. What a sweetie. Now, on the court, different story! :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. I Love It! I saw Napheesa and family in Times Square on November 26th on our way to see the MJ play on Broadway. I just smiled and kept it moving. Didn’t want to bring any attention to them. I’m 5’11”, but dang, she looked much taller than 6’1”!! :eek::confused: I felt like a shrimp.:D

Reaction Score
NIKA's not the a big BB player, but NIKA always stands out and is noticed. She is cute. She is on a record pace to break the school's assist record and will have earned the recognition because of her hard work. I still have high hopes for this team and wishing my life away, can't wait for next year to begin. It will be a work of art. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
NIKA's not the a big BB player, but NIKA always stands out and is noticed. She is cute. She is on a record pace to break the school's assist record and will have earned the recognition because of her hard work. I still have high hopes for this team and wishing my life away, can't wait for next year to begin. It will be a work of art. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Next year? We are going to the Final Four this year.

Reaction Score
Next year? We are going to the Final Four this year.
Of coarse we are and the National Championship as well. I am so excited about our team for next year I can hardly wait to see them come together as a playing team and become the scourge of Women's basketball. I loved when we were bad for Women's BB and will love it again. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
The National Championship will be Uconn's reward for all the things that went wrong and an apology from Fate for putting Uconn through it. I said at the beginning of the season Uconn was fated to win it all. I still have confidence. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score

I posted this in an earlier thread at some point but watched it again after reading Vancat 's opening post. It is a Cameo that Nika did for my dad's 100th b-day in October. Just another reminder of what great young woman we are lucky enough to root for.

In juxtaposition to some of the disgruntled posts (in other threads) recently complaining about canceled games which seem at times to depersonalize our players, this is a reminder that they are passionate, dedicated and caring college kids who love playing for our beloved Huskies and appreciate that we are their fans.

Let's cherish every single moment of every game we get to see them play this season and celebrate, that behind their game faces, they are some very special human beings!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I posted this in an earlier thread at some point but watched it again after reading Vancat 's opening post. It is a Cameo that Nika did for my dad's 100th b-day in October. Just another reminder of what great young woman we are lucky enough to root for.
What a beautiful, heartfelt message from Nike illustrating how our players feel about the fans and program. This Cameo stands in such contrast to how some of the recent threads portray our players. Thank you so much for posting this!!! And best wishes to your dad!!! My mom is closing in on that number :)

Reaction Score
Such a sweet girl....until she steps onto the court & morphs into a monster!!!!
I Love You GIF by Tyler Resty

Reaction Score
What a beautiful, heartfelt message from Nike illustrating how our players feel about the fans and program. This Cameo stands in such contrast to how some of the recent threads portray our players. Thank you so much for posting this!!! And best wishes to your dad!!! My mom is closing in on that number :)
Fantastic video from NIKA and all her wonderful comments about being a fan and how much Uconn appreciates the fans and their support. NIKA is a warm and generous person to fans and her comments are heart warming. Aparrently she is also a Jekel and Hyde personality by the way she plays defense on the court . I love both of them! GO NIKA!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. I Love It! I saw Napheesa and family in Times Square on November 26th on our way to see the MJ play on Broadway. I just smiled and kept it moving. Didn’t want to bring any attention to them. I’m 5’11”, but dang, she looked much taller than 6’1”!! :eek::confused: I felt like a shrimp.:D
With 2–3-inch heels, Naphessa was probably more like 6'3" or 6'4" when you came across her; anyone would be rendered shrimpish... I ran into Lisa Leslie in Vegas in heels a few years back, and I felt like the Ant-Man and I'm 6'1"...

Reaction Score
Awwwww! That was very sweet. I can’t believe some people call that woman a menace.
Is this lovely birthday "card" representative of what's available on the NIL site?

Reaction Score
Is this lovely birthday "card" representative of what's available on the NIL site?
No, this is through Cameo. You pay a fee for a personality (that is participating with Cameo) to deliver a personalized message, such as birthday wishes, shout out, etc. Nika and Dorka both did this for the month they were home during the summer. They are not available now. I imagine given the visa restrictions for foreign players (no NIL opportunities as they can't earn additional income in the US) they can only do something like this when in their home countries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom