Nika and Anna, etc | The Boneyard

Nika and Anna, etc

Reaction Score
When—and if—will they come to U.S.? If there are no on campus classes, do they stay in Europe? If there is a chance schools reopen in January would they return for preseason practice? If there is no high school basketball how will this affect recruiting? I have no answers but lots of questions. Safety has to be overriding concern. The

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Truth is, no one knows at this point what will happen or if there will even be a season. So much speculation - a lot depends on if there is a vaccine that is developed. If that happens, then as long as people can get vaccinated, they can go back to business as usual. If not, what we have now will be the new normal. People will take a chance with their lives every time they go out in public.

So until something changes, I would guess they stay where they are indefinitely until something new happens.

Reaction Score
I would think many schools are facing these problems..I think there is a school here in south florida that probably couldn't field a team without their overseas players..I won't mention which school that might be...

Reaction Score
I imagine if the campus remains closed they would stay put in their home countries. There'd be no reason to come here even if they could bypass the travel restrictions.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Aaliyah has an easier trip, but she also has to clear the U.S. border.
It was announced today that the travel restrictions from Canada will stay in place at least for several more weeks. Many UConn teams have Canadians and other foreign nationals. The football team has two QBs from Canada plus some other players. For sure the athletes won’t get any travel exceptions not available to other students.

Reaction Score
First I am not an expert on this. I checked flights and there are planes coming to NYC from Canada. I do not believe all travel has been suspended. Non essential travel has been suspended however. I think the question should does a student visa classify as essential travel.

Reaction Score
It's my understanding that essential travel with Canada has not been stopped. Certainly Edwards qualifies as "essential".
Truck drivers are considered essential so maybe..

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
They may allow students traveling on F visas to return to the US if their university is in session. They’d lose a lot of tuition dollars, especially from China, if none of those students were allowed to return.

Allowing international students back in is really important to the overall financial health of the nation’s university system — 100% separate from athletics.

Reaction Score
No..but if she is willing to rent and drive a u-haul..she could cross the Canadian-Connecticut border...........

:D

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Aaliyah has an easier trip, but she also has to clear the U.S. border.
My neighbor has a pickup truck with back cover that we can fit her in if it comes to that... ;)

My college roommate also has a 32 foot cabin cruiser for a boat, though we might have do a Nordic passage (Nova Scotia, Greenland, Iceland, Shetland, Hamburg) thing to get those two...

Reaction Score
My neighbor has a pickup truck with back cover that we can fit her in if it comes to that... ;)

My college roommate also has a 32 foot cabin cruiser for a boat, though we might have do a Nordic passage (Nova Scotia, Greenland, Iceland, Shetland, Hamburg) thing to get those two...
Would it violate NCAA rules if we chipped in on fuel? I won’t tell.

Reaction Score
I think that there will be classes this fall, perhaps not as structured as they have been in the past, but set up for academic credits. And if that is the case Geno will get both Nika and Anna back on campus if he has to kayak across the Atlantic, stop for dinner in his home town, get the girls, stop again for a dinner break and finish rowing from the Atlantic into the Ct. River and up to Hartford where Chris will pick them up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom