Niels - Jazz Summer League Squad | The Boneyard

Niels - Jazz Summer League Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Against the Sixers - 6 pts, 2-7, 2 rebs, 2 steals, 13 min - He had the second best plus/minus only behind Dante Exum. He didn't shoot that well but played well when he was out there. Honestly, I thought he was more effective defensively than Rodney Hood.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Against the Sixers - 6 pts, 2-7, 2 rebs, 2 steals, 13 min - He had the second best plus/minus only behind Dante Exum. He didn't shoot that well but played well when he was out there. Honestly, I thought he was more effective defensively than Rodney Hood.

His shooting wasn't horrible, given that 2 attempts were blocked, making his attempts that actually could be made or missed more like 2-5. In any case, I'm glad he got some PT with Utah. In general I think the Jazz are higher on him than the Grizzlies were. I was his biggest detractor his first couple of seasons, but in his senior year he served me more crow than could be eaten by Joey Chestnut. I think he's an NBA level talent and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up pulling an Ollie career-wise.

Reaction Score
His shooting wasn't horrible, given that 2 attempts were blocked, making his attempts that actually could be made or missed more like 2-5. In any case, I'm glad he got some PT with Utah. In general I think the Jazz are higher on him than the Grizzlies were. I was his biggest detractor his first couple of seasons, but in his senior year he served me more crow than could be eaten by Joey Chestnut. I think he's an NBA level talent and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up pulling an Ollie career-wise.

That's well said, I completely agree. The kid has the same kind of heart. Maybe I've just seen Rodney Hood on bad days, but I've never seen anything from that guy that screams NBA. Three years from now it wouldn't shock me at all if Rodney's out of the league and Niels is in.

Reaction Score
Niels was the perfect compliment to last year's team, a necessary glue guy willing to sacrifice personal glory to simply make his team better. Like Ollie, I do think that if Niels lands on a roster he will stick. Its simple with Niels. The more you see him play, the more you recognize how good he really is. Unfortunately, Niels' strengths typically aren't displayed in a summer league setting. Unlike Ollie, who bounced around many minor league circuits, Niels has lucrative opportunities to return home. Thats where the similiarities end. If he doesn't get a guarantee, my guess is he goes back to Germany and may revisit the NBA at a later time. Ollie's journey was nothing like that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Love Niels. Hope he makes the NBA. But I tnhinked blocked shots count as misses.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Love Niels. Hope he makes the NBA. But I tnhinked blocked shots count as misses.

They do count as misses officially, but I guess the point I'm awkwardly trying to make is that it's more just the wrong move in the wrong place when you get blocked than it is a case of doing poorly in regard to pure shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom