Niele Ivey among front-runners for Minnesota job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Niele Ivey among front-runners for Minnesota job

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That is a surprise and while it may in fact be an upgrade, displacing a small school coach into a big school recruiting market with which she is not familiar is not a great recipe for success. The others under consideration certainly seemed to have a. better resumes, and b. great lakes recruiting ground familiarity.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
coaching since 2001 with a four year stint as an assistant at Ole Miss. - the other 9 years she has held 7 different positions at 6 different schools. That means she has never actually coached anyone she has recruited except for the Ole Miss stop!!! And three HC jobs in four years ... hmmmm. Ambitious, but not the kind of resume I would have even called in for an interview in my working life.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
coaching since 2001 with a four year stint as an assistant at Ole Miss. - the other 9 years she has held 7 different positions at 6 different schools. That means she has never actually coached anyone she has recruited except for the Ole Miss stop!!! And three HC jobs in four years ... hmmmm. Ambitious, but not the kind of resume I would have even called in for an interview in my working life.

Maybe so... but Im am pleased by her hire :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maybe so... but Im am pleased by her hire :D
Dirty old man? :eek::cool:
If I am a coach recruiting against her I certainly try to bring that 'stability' issue up. Not directly, but I make sure the recruit knows I have been in my current job x years and my previous one y years and my assistants have been in their current job x years and so who you are talking to today will be their tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom