Niele Ivey among front-runners for Minnesota job | The Boneyard

Niele Ivey among front-runners for Minnesota job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am surprise that the UConn assistants (Ralph and Moseley) never seem to get any mention
for head coaching jobs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now that is what I call a serious HCing search - all three sound like solid candidates, and not long shots.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Minnesota and any other team looking for a coach could do a lot worse than hiring Andrew Calder. He has done a great job with UNC's freshmen.
I think he is a career assistant, just like your CD. If he would consider giving it a try, I don't think there are really many schools he would consider.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think he is a career assistant, just like your CD. If he would consider giving it a try, I don't think there are really many schools he would consider.

Certainly not Minnesota.... or any school located outside of the South.

Reaction Score
I am surprise that the UConn assistants (Ralph and Moseley) never seem to get any mention
for head coaching jobs.
1-they may have already indicated n on interest
2-Genos former assistants have not exact been superstars. Sadly, it appears that his success cannot be taught and is uniquely Geno

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
His success is a combo of his unique skills and CD's unique skills. That dynamic duo cannot be duplicated. It's simply amazing.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Why do you think NI would be a bad choice?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Why do you think NI would be a bad choice?

I don't think that's what is meant here - I think what is meant is "NI is extremely attractive, and, if she gets the MN coaching job, she'll be in another conference, and I won't get to see her!":eek:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
But she is already in another conference....at least from UConn. Sorry, I think I start to get it; this is from a Duke fan. OK, bigger question, do you think she would be good at the job?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
But she is already in another conference....at least from UConn. Sorry, I think I start to get it; this is from a Duke fan. OK, bigger question, do you think she would be good at the job?
That depends. Notre Dame has stepped up a level since she has been a coach there. How much is due to her? Recruiting, coaching point guards, rapport with the players, all have been mentioned as her strong points.

Reaction Score

1. Yes, if she gets the players.
2. She will get the players if the most influential person in the player's life is her father, and/or
3. She will get the players if the players have any brothers
4. She will be coaching in a conference in which getting to the top will be less difficult.
5. She is already familiar with the Midwest recruiting landscape.
6. She has already been involved with top recruits, so the access will continue
7. It is all about the players. She was one herself, was a winner, understands the mentality, the nuances, will be able to relate well

Minnesota's gain will be a huge loss to Notre Dame. It is no coincidence that three All American guards in overlapping succession have come into the Fighting Irish program during Ms Ivey's tenure as recruiting coordinator. It would not surprise me if Notre Dame countered with a huge raise to keep her in the fold.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think bringing in a former assistant to your just fired head coach is probably not on the cards! Scratch Marisa from consideration at U of MN.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I agree with VAUConn. First of all, I think she has done tremendous work at ND, and that they will fight very hard to keep her. Clearly, however, they can't give her the head coaching job, and if she someday wants to come back to ND as head, this would be a seriously smart move on her part. I think MINN would be nuts not to hire her. She is terrific, as far as I can tell, and this would be an ideal career move for her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 8h
Big Ten WBB: StarTribune reports on Marlene Stollings emerging as leading candidate for Minnesota head coaching job http://strib.mn/1ieFmlM

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That does not seem to be aspiring to make an inspiring hire.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
That does not seem to be aspiring to make an inspiring hire.

Im no AD, but Niele Ivey (if interested) would be the smarter hire!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 8h
Big Ten WBB: StarTribune reports on Marlene Stollings emerging as leading candidate for Minnesota head coaching job http://strib.mn/1ieFmlM

bout time for me to bring out this pic again ;)

dogs praying.jpg

Reaction Score
Being in Minnesota, I would love for Niele Ivey to become the Lady Gophers coach. Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom