Nickname for today’s signee? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nickname for today’s signee?

Reaction Score
The best one I've heard for her is "Guns." Don't remember who coined it first. Alas, it didn't stick. Shoot.
It kinda stuck - I think everyone on here knows who "Guns" is...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It kinda stuck - I think everyone on here knows who "Guns" is...
basketballs-newest-star-is-a-freshman-for-uconn-and-she-just-had-her-first-huge-game.jpg

Reaction Score
Funny, not a single comment on what Christyn would like to be called. Life does not begin when a young lady comes to Storrs. When Breanna Stewart came, she had always been called "Bre." Out the window, and she became, forever apparently, "Stewie." I've always hated that one (too familiar and too diminutive) and have never once called her by that name. (She always referred to herself as "Bre," but no one seems to have picked up on that.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Funny, not a single comment on what Christyn would like to be called. Life does not begin when a young lady comes to Storrs. When Breanna Stewart came, she had always been called "Bre." Out the window, and she became, forever apparently, "Stewie." I've always hated that one (too familiar and too diminutive) and have never once called her by that name. (She always referred to herself as "Bre," but no one seems to have picked up on that.)
On the couple of occasions that I chatted with her family, I tried very hard to refer to her as Breanna, but the whole sports world knows her as Stewie.

Reaction Score
Megan was/is Megatron. Ms. Williams maybe already has a nickname. Let's find it or maybe let her new teammates give her one and we go with that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After Geno's interview on Friday, Christyn's nickname is obvious:

OKEY-DOKEY

I hope not (if you were serious?) . It was cute as an anecdote during an interview but I think it is borderline condescending of a region since it seemed to be tied to Geno's views of a "funny" region of the US so I hope it just quietly goes away into oblivion.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope not (if you were serious?) . It was cute as an anecdote during an interview but I think it is borderline condescending of a region since it seemed to be tied to Geno's views of a "funny" region of the US so I hope it just quietly goes away into oblivion.
I thought it was cute. I have a friend from Houston who says the same thing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Please noooooooooo. Lordy I hate these artificial "nicknames". Why not just wait to hear what her teammates & coaches call her and go with that? Pretty sure the only people who use the silly things are the ones that suggest them. Wet Blanket, over & out from Augusta
Feel the same way, but I have to admit "Caroline Ducharme" works.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I guess "The CW" has been taken. Caroline Ducharme is good.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The nickname is obvious at least to her teammates -- LEGENDARY!!!! Legend for short. Probably just "L" when Geno refers to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom