NICK SABAN LES MILES COULD'NT SAVE US! | The Boneyard

NICK SABAN LES MILES COULD'NT SAVE US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-depth-0619,0,6117006.htmlstory
HERES IS 2011 DEPTH CHART, WE HAVE PLENTY OF RETURNING TALENT FOR NEXT
YEAR! HCPP IS IN A TIGHT SITUATION, AND ALL WE CAN DO IS PREPARE FOR 2012'
BUILD MAC'S CONFIDENCE, GET MCCOMBS IN THE WEIGHTROOM, WR'S HAVE TO
RUN BETTER ROUTES. O'LINE HAS TO DO A BETTER JOB HOLDING PASS BLOCKS.
DEFENSE IS PRETTY GOOD, DB'S SLACKING LATELY. HOW CAN WE SAY HCPP GET
OUT, JUST NOT RIGHT, OUR ONLY PLAYMAKER IS A 5 9" KICKRETURNER. AND WE
POINT THE FINGER AT HCPP, RANDY LEFT THIS LACK OF PERFORMERS BEHIND.
WHY YOU THINK HE CREPT OUT IN THE NIGHT, AIRFORCE COULD'VE BEEN LOOKING
RE' WAS OUT. cowardly' GIVE HCPP A CHANCE, LET HIM BUILD RAPPORT WITH THE
BOYS AND BUILD HIS 2012 CLASS! WILL BE CROWNING HIM FOR A 2012 GOOD SEASON.
WE WERE PREDICTED TO GO 6-6 AND WAS BASED ON RETURNERS.

Reaction Score
I agree with you totally, but be prepared for people to kill the format of your post, lol...

Reaction Score
.................. your points are always appreciated and usually right on............its the other stuff........

Reaction Score
i C nothing wrong w/ the format of his post, kinda like it actually

no choice but to give P the benefit of the doubt & recognize that the team has been close, relatively, in nearly all their losses, as they were never gonna beat WVU, though it sure woulda been interesting to grab a lead in the 3rd qtr

hoping for the best vs. USF, although i believe they'll bring their best, as they're coming off a bye week after a bad performance

Reaction Score
UConnfootball12

You have been posting a lot lately about this team being Edsall's and saying to wait until PP has his own players before judging him.

Now in this thread you say there is a lot of returning talent.

So which one is it? Are Randy's players not very good and we need to wait for PP's players or is there a lot of talent returning next year?

Can't have it both ways.

Reaction Score
UConnfootball12

You have been posting a lot lately about this team being Edsall's and saying to wait until PP has his own players before judging him.

Now in this thread you say there is a lot of returning talent.

So which one is it? Are Randy's players not very good and we need to wait for PP's players or is there a lot of talent returning next year?

Can't have it both ways.
some of these upper classmen that are coming back next year will have a year of experience under there belt. and a offseason to work out all the kinks! did'nt leave super talented kids behind, but anyone can get molded into a stud if he wants to be! P is going to have to do gut check
time, see who wants it and who dont! GUT CHECK SEASON

Reaction Score
only chris peterson could pull it off, if he can take boise st places, he can take any team and do the same

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am of the opinion that Les Miles would be worthless without the immense amount of talent and depth he has at LSU.

Reaction Score
First off.....LOSE THE CAPS.

Secondly, does it bother you that you continually insult the current group of players that we have when you say this?

Reaction Score
UConn is losing a lot of talent on the OL and DL for next year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I FOR ONE AM EXCITED FOR UCONNFOOTBALL12'S ENTHUSIASM AND AM HAPPY TO SEE IT

Reaction Score
Regardless, you can't blame PP for some of the problems that this team has. Same old problems. He hasn't had enough time to address any of them.

Reaction Score
First off.....LOSE THE CAPS.

Secondly, does it bother you that you continually insult the current group of players that we have when you say this?
im not being criticle. no one has stepped up and become a leader or playmaker period!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lest everyone forget that before it was clear that Todman was leaving and Endres left, it was this year's team that was supposed to be BCS worthy. 2012 was going to be a TBD season as the final judgement on Edsall's recruiting abilities following the wins vs. ND, SCar, and the 2007 BE title. I think next year is going to be rougher than this one because the defensive line is losing a lot and the younger players can't seem to find the field when playing time is (or should be) cleary up for grabs. Only Nebrich gets a minor pass as a TFr QB. I'd be more optimistic if their was stronger competition for spots right now. Can anyone other than the DL say they are playing up to the level needed for this team to contend?

Reaction Score
I am of the opinion that Les Miles would be worthless without the immense amount of talent and depth he has at LSU.
Yea, I agree. He's still riding Saban's coat tails. Nothing against PP (well maybe a little), buy if UCONN had Saban for head coach we'd be undefeated. He's the best motivator in college football.

Reaction Score
Yea, I agree. He's still riding Saban's coat tails. Nothing against PP (well maybe a little), buy if UCONN had Saban for head coach we'd be undefeated. He's the best motivator in college football.
HR' saban would need to get the fire lit under there asses also. like i
said WHO will step up on the FIELD it's as easy as that. GUT CHECK
TIME, WHO WANTS IT?????

Reaction Score
It's a lot easier to recruit at Michigan St, LSU, and Alabama. How did Saban do with the Dolphins?

Reaction Score
It's a lot easier to recruit at Michigan St, LSU, and Alabama. How did Saban do with the Dolphins?

Apples and oranges to an extent. Most coaching approaches and techniques that get college kids to run through a wall for you just don't play that well with men making millions of dollars to play. Lots of examples of fb coaches that were wildly successful in college but just didn't translate to the pros: Saban, Holtz, Stallings, and even Pete Caroll. Hoops examples include Pitino, Calipari, Tark, Tim Floyd, Mike Montgomery.

Reaction Score
Apples and oranges to an extent. Most coaching approaches and techniques that get college kids to run through a wall for you just don't play that well with men making millions of dollars to play. Lots of examples of fb coaches that were wildly successful in college but just didn't translate to the pros: Saban, Holtz, Stallings, and even Pete Caroll. Hoops examples include Pitino, Calipari, Tark, Tim Floyd, Mike Montgomery.
My thoughts exactly. On the bball front don't forget PJ, didn't one of his NBA players try to choke him?

Reaction Score
Pete Caroll just beat the Giants and his team made the playoffs last year...how does he get thrown in there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You have to give Miles credit for the talent he has been amassing at LSU but many of his in game coaching moves are stunning to say the least. At least five times a game you have to ask yourself: 'WTF was he thinking?'.

Reaction Score
You guys are kinda lending credibility to what I'm saying. The ability to recruit is enormously important in college football. And it's much much much easier to recruit great players at Mich St, LSU, and Alabama than it is at UConn. Denying that fact is ignoring reality.

Reaction Score
Pete Caroll just beat the Giants and his team made the playoffs last year...how does he get thrown in there.

He gets thrown in here for his first HC foray into the NFL, when he took fairly decent Jets and Pats teams nowhere (33-31 in 4 years as a head coach). From there he won everything with USC and I am guessing he would still be there if not for the recruiting scandals.

IMHO, the jury is still out on him since he is only a season + into his NFL HC take two. But to date, hugely successful at the college level, modestly successful bordering on disappointing in the pros.

Reaction Score
Next year, all we lose is our 2 best recievers, 3 of our best offensive linemen, our best player (another DL)...yet you think next year will be great.

Uh, okay. Hopefully your boy Hurricane Dobbs is the 2nd coming of Ron Dayne because UConn loses an awful lot of players next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom