Nick Krauth Signs with the Rangers | The Boneyard

Nick Krauth Signs with the Rangers

Reaction Score
Great for him. Gets to live his dream and be paid to play. Stinks we could not have had him for a full season. What a tremendous year albeit very abbreviated this spring.

Reaction Score
He dominated against great teams!! Has electric stuff and can be a great player! Just wish we would have him for longer but gotta respect the decision!

Reaction Score
Great for him. Gets to live his dream and be paid to play. Stinks we could not have had him for a full season. What a tremendous year albeit very abbreviated this spring.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that with a truncated season we did not get to see the full picture of what all these players had to offer. This does apply to the whole team, but especially to newcomers to the team such as Nick Krauth, or to other players who seemed to be having breakout seasons such as Kyler Fedko. I can never be disappointed by a UConn baseball player who is eligible to go pro to do so. It is part of the landscape of NCAA college baseball, and I learned over the last decade as I got more and more into UConn baseball that juniors (and redshirt sophomores) leaving early is really a sign that your team is doing something right. It's really a badge of honor to the program, and I'm sure that the coaching staff uses it in their recruiting efforts.

That being said, I have to wonder if in future years that not as many juniors will be leaving college baseball early. I have my suspicion that MLB in its efforts to diminish the minor league system would rather have College Baseball take over the role that short season minor leagues were playing. Rather than have short season ball, the majors would rather have many of these players continue their development of their skills while playing college ball. It really is another aspect of the pitch that Coach Penders uses whenever he has to convince a recruit not to go pro, but to come and play baseball in Storrs, as the colleges do a fine job in developing players for future pro ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom