Nick Guaquinto | The Boneyard

Nick Guaquinto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was watching some NFL games from the 80s and came across this name, the broadcasters said 4th year guy out of Connecticut, didnt know anything about him. Short career but he actually was a solid contributer to the Redskins superbowl team. I heard the name before just didnt know much about him, did anyone here see him play any games at Uconn.

Reaction Score
G
I was watching some NFL games from the 80s and came across this name, the broadcasters said 4th year guy out of Connecticut, didnt know anything about him. Short career but he actually was a solid contributer to the Redskins superbowl team. I heard the name before just didnt know much about him, did anyone here see him play any games at Uconn.

Its Giaquinto. Great player, transfered from U. of Bridgeport after they dropped football. ran back kicks too. Tough. Think he wore #42
UConn had a number good players and their bulk of All-Americans from that decade(80's). He played in the mid to late 70's He is the baseball coach at Sacred Heart U.

Reaction Score
G

Its Giaquinto. Great player, transfered from U. of Bridgeport after they dropped football. ran back kicks too. Tough. Think he wore #42
UConn had a number good players and their bulk of All-Americans from that decade(80's). He played in the mid to late 70's He is the baseball coach at Sacred Heart U.
One of the best athletes the state ever produced. I see him in the barber shop now and then.

Reaction Score
a
G

appoligize for the spelling its not the easiest last name to spell lol

Reaction Score
I believe he is one of two Huskies to ever earn a Super Bowl ring, with the other being Tyler Lorenzon. Interesting bit of trivia.

Reaction Score
I believe he is one of two Huskies to ever earn a Super Bowl ring, with the other being Tyler Lorenzon. Interesting bit of trivia.
Giaquinto and Ed Rooney who also made All-State made for one of the toughest tandems in state history, and may have been the best team Stratford High ever had.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
As group of us were sitting down for breakfast at one of the Phoenix hotels, a UConn walks by us & asks how we think the Huskies were going to do that evening. After a short exchange we ask him to join us.

As he sit down he quietly says "I'm Nick Giaquinto". No one else reacted, but I'm thinking 'are you kidding me...don't you have as SB ring!!!"

Nick sat with a group of my fraternity brothers that spanned the mid-70's to late 80's. We had a great conversation about Husky football, SHU baseball and UConn antics/charactors from the 70's & 80's. Super nice guy - was a special treat for that Bowl trip.

Reaction Score
Nick was Stratford High School. I saw him play at Memorial field and watched him in the NFL....running back....I think his SB ring was with Washington?

Reaction Score
Saw Nick G play many times. If I recall correctly in his last game (which I did not see), an away game at Holy Cross, he ran back TWO kickoffs for TD's. If my memory's correct, which is always questionable, that must be an all time UCONN record. But here's the worst part - UCONN lost the game - something like 42 to 38. He was a great player but I never personally knew him.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I played against Nick while he was at UB and he was one tough SOB! He ran harder than anyone I ever played against.

I played with his brother at CCSU and he was a very talented receiver who had a good shot at making the Packers back in the mid 70's. IIRC, he made it to the last cut.

Another one of my teammates at CCSU was Mike Sherman of the Packers. I wish I had stayed in touch w/him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom