Nice Tribute from Geno to the Team | The Boneyard

Nice Tribute from Geno to the Team

Reaction Score
One little wrinkle I would watch for that occurred several times against Butler was Edwards rebounding and pushing the ball herself. She has a good handle, obviously moves well and can pass.

Reaction Score
One little wrinkle I would watch for that occurred several times against Butler was Edwards rebounding and pushing the ball herself. She has a good handle, obviously moves well and can pass.
Did Magic invent that?
Don‘t need an outlet pass. That much quicker to get up the floor

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I thought this was a timely tribute from Geno, to the heart and resilience that this team has been displaying. Tugged the heart strings a little.
Posted by Uconnwbb IG

Speaking of pretty remarkable, that was an unrehearsed cold answer to a question in the Presser after the gamer. He just rattled that stuff off. Kudos to the people matching it up to some vid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you Oracle9 for the video. If the team sees this video, which I hope they do, they deserved GENO's praise for the effort they have put out to preserve UCONN's legacy as the best BB woman' team for the last 35 years and counting. I have been a fan since 2013 and the UCONN women have given me a lifetime of joy and thrills with their skills and grit. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder, how many championships are “the best team won” and how many are “teams of destiny”. Somehow the ball finds the bottom of the net.
If it’s YOUR year, it’s your year. Whether you’re the best team or not. The best team does not always win. If it’s not, it’s not. Not matter how bad you want it, think you deserve it, or feel it’s your destiny, only one team hoists the championship trophy, and cuts down the nets. Everyone else goes home unfulfilled. :(

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Some years ago, Mason Cooley said "Necessity makes heroes of us all". These Magnificent Seven are the living proof of that aphorism. Each and everyone, to the best of their ability, keeping the UConn standard flying high. I couldn't be prouder of these kids!

Reaction Score
If it’s YOUR year, it’s your year. Whether you’re the best team or not. The best team does not always win. If it’s not, it’s not. Not matter how bad you want it, think you deserve it, or feel it’s your destiny, only one team hoists the championship trophy, and cuts down the nets. Everyone else goes home unfulfilled. :(
The Lou/Pheesa sophomore year / Gabby/Kia junior year perfectly showed this to be true. They were the best team all year, exceeded expectations after Stewie Mo and Tuck left and then BAM a once in a lifetime performance and they are out. It just wasn’t in their destiny to win it that year. Will always sting that one. That group deserved it but it wasn’t meant to be.

Reaction Score
Some years ago, Mason Cooley said "Necessity makes heroes of us all". These Magnificent Seven are the living proof of that aphorism. Each and everyone, to the best of their ability, keeping the UConn standard flying high. I couldn't be prouder of these kids!
Nice!
When I think of GOATS in any sport, I always think about who their epic competition was. Like you said necessity.
Ali had Frazier, then a young Foreman. Tyson nobody. Marciano?
Jordan? An aging Bird, Magic, even Isiah. Karl Malone, Sir Charles, nah.
Russell? Chamberlain. Are you kidding? He was a comic book character. Russell- GOAT all day.
I tell you what, we got a nice villain here- SC women.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Speaking of pretty remarkable, that was an unrehearsed cold answer to a question in the Presser after the gamer. He just rattled that stuff off. Kudos to the people matching it up to some vid.
Yes the media team has been on point. I always give them kudos on their posts. I think the team needed to hear that.

Reaction Score
I thought this was a timely tribute from Geno, to the heart and resilience that this team has been displaying. Tugged the heart strings a little.
Posted by Uconnwbb IG

Anybody know what the music backing Geno is? I like it a lot.

Reaction Score
Shazam is the best app ever

Thanks, Nan! You're right about Shazam, but I was watching this video on my phone and the video stops playing when I go to open Shazam. Wasn't near a computer to play the video on. Thanks again!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes the media team has been on point. I always give them kudos on their posts. I think the team needed to hear that.
This team has been battered and bruised since November. Like a bad penny, they keep coming back. How can you not cheer and support this team? Geno said THIS team has endured things no other UConn team has that he's coached in his 38 years. THAT should tell you something. Remember, he said they're all tired.............mentally and physically, yet they keep answering the bell on game days. :oops: I can't fault or criticize a team/players that are going through what this team is.

Reaction Score
Great video... but the lyrics to the song.... Maybe I am old fashioned but that is not a song I would play in front of children... and children are a huge fan base.... Why can't we use songs with appropriate language?

Reaction Score
This team has been battered and bruised since November. Like a bad penny, they keep coming back. How can you not cheer and support this team? Geno said THIS team has endured things no other UConn team has that he's coached in his 38 years. THAT should tell you something. Remember, he said they're all tired.............mentally and physically, yet they keep answering the bell on game days. :oops: I can't fault or criticize a team/players that are going through what this team is.
Exactly. That's the theme of the day.
Sick bay is sick bay. We love them and pull for them too. But like Coach Dale said after Raf's ill-advised deviation from team principles, "my team's on the floor". Come on guys, snap out of it. Like going to a really great film and half the audience walks out not really understanding what happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom