Nice press for Boatright | The Boneyard

Nice press for Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Andy Katz:

-Andre Drummond deserves all the preseason hype for being a game-changer for Connecticut as a legit inside scoring threat. But after watching the Huskies play pickup last week, the name that could be the second most important newcomer is point guard Ryan Boatright. No one on the roster will replace Kemba Walker’s presence. But Boatright has a similar brashness to his game, squawks on the court and oozes confidence with every dribble and shot. Boatright will grow into his role as a scoring guard and could be a difference-maker by January with his boastful persona. He won’t be afraid to take a shot, just as long as it’s the right shot and Jeremy Lamb or Drummond isn’t open, too."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...33/3-point-shot-utah-state-fits-mountain-west

From Jon Rothstein:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10...terans-can-keep-notre-dame-where-theyve-been/

-Lost amidst the the thud of UCONN receiving late commitments from Andre Drummond and Deandre Daniels was the potential impact that freshman combo guard Ryan Boatright could have this year for the Huskies. A freak athlete with uncanny leaping ability, Boatright has a chance to replicate the type of role off the bench that Shabazz Napier thrived in last season for the Huskies en route to the national title. Look for Huskies coach Jim Calhoun to use Boatright, Napier, and Jeremy Lamb together plenty this season and frequently in end of game situations.

Reaction Score
Boatright will have a major impact this season. Sounds like he is adjusting quickly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think that says a lot. RB was used to being the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on his high school team. Can he make the adjustment to being the fourth or fifth option on this time. JC will make sure of that. The success of the team and the amount of playing time he gets will be correlated to his and Shabazz's understanding of this.

This quote from Andy: "He won’t be afraid to take a shot, just as long as it’s the right shot and Jeremy Lamb or Drummond isn’t open, too.""

He has the moxie to take pressure shots, and should take them as long as option one, Jeremy, and option two, Andre are not open. Otherwise he has to get the ball to them.

Reaction Score
It sure would be nice to have another breakdown type G in addition to Bazz. The more I hear the more I am starting to believe that we got the better of the two players when Hinds punked us and went to WVU.
I wonder how it feels to be in WVU playing pick up games with a bunch of hay seeds when you know you could have been at UCONN playing with Ray Allen. It also has to feel pretty crappy that the team you bailed on is ranked in the top 5 and has the best front court possibly in the whole country and one of the best 2Gs in the country to boot.
At least he will have a chance to learn to play the banjo and make some mean possum BBQ.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It sure would be nice to have another breakdown type G in addition to Bazz. The more I hear the more I am starting to believe that we got the better of the two players when Hinds punked us and went to WVU.
I wonder how it feels to be in WVU playing pick up games with a bunch of hay seeds when you know you could have been at UCONN playing with Ray Allen. It also has to feel pretty crappy that the team you bailed on is ranked in the top 5 and has the best front court possibly in the whole country and one of the best 2Gs in the country to boot.
At least he will have a chance to learn to play the banjo and make some mean possum BBQ.

You are definitely ornery on Mondays.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

You are definitely ornery on Mondays.

I liked it. Conference realighnment has brought a bit more edge to the board.
Not necessarily a bad thing.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I liked it. Conference realighnment has brought a bit more edge to the board.
Not necessarily a bad thing.
I'm not complaining one bit. I'm just letting Scot-e know I've read more than one his posts by the Monday comment.

Reaction Score
What I have seen from Boatright its insane to rate him as the 76th best player in the country like some sites have him as. I don't know if there is a quicker player in the entire class. I have seen a decent amount of Quinn Cook who was rated in the 30's and I would take Boatright over him. When Boatright adds strength he will be scary. Also I think he has matured a lot in the last year an a half and a guy like Kevin Ollie will do wonders for him as a player and as a person.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What I have seen from Boatright its insane to rate him as the 76th best player in the country like some sites have him as. I don't know if there is a quicker player in the entire class. I have seen a decent amount of Quinn Cook who was rated in the 30's and I would take Boatright over him. When Boatright adds strength he will be scary. Also I think he has matured a lot in the last year an a half and a guy like Kevin Ollie will do wonders for him as a player and as a person.
You've been very insightful as a poster regarding recruits. I for one appreciate your contributions to this forum. I'm wondering how much of the lack of respect for RB is the result of the support cast he had in high school.

Reaction Score
Thank you.

I think Boatright being under-rated is more a result of his AAU team. He played for the D-rose allstars which is a new team and an adidas sponsored team. Because of that he didn't get to play in the EYBL or some of the other more prominent tournaments. Recruiting experts didn't see as much of him compared to other prospects.

Reaction Score
Boatright will be a contributor, and spell Lamb or Bazz. His height will not be an issue.

Reaction Score
Boat is they guy I am most eager to see. Everyone loves height and strength but I'll take speed, quickness , handle and shooting any day. Add athleticism, awesome hops and passing and you get a tremendous baller. Guard play wins championships (see UConn Huskies 2010-11).

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Thank you.

I think Boatright being under-rated is more a result of his AAU team. He played for the D-rose allstars which is a new team and an adidas sponsored team. Because of that he didn't get to play in the EYBL or some of the other more prominent tournaments. Recruiting experts didn't see as much of him compared to other prospects.
That explains a lot. Thanks.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Any Boatright/Shabazz sets possible this season? Seemed to work well when Shabazz came and let Kemba shoot the lights out.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Any Boatright/Shabazz sets possible this season? Seemed to work well when Shabazz came and let Kemba shoot the lights out.
I would guess that towards the end of the game this would be a likely option.

Reaction Score
I watched one of
I think that says a lot. RB was used to being the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on his high school team. Can he make the adjustment to being the fourth or fifth option on this time. JC will make sure of that. The success of the team and the amount of playing time he gets will be correlated to his and Shabazz's understanding of this.

This quote from Andy: "He won’t be afraid to take a shot, just as long as it’s the right shot and Jeremy Lamb or Drummond isn’t open, too.""

He has the moxie to take pressure shots, and should take them as long as option one, Jeremy, and option two, Andre are not open. Otherwise he has to get the ball to them.
"I think that says a lot. RB was used to being the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on his high school team"
I watched one of Boatright's HS games on the internet and his team was average at best...except for Ryan. This kid is lightning quick, can play D and has an outstanding shot. Uconn fans will love him once he adjusts to the college game.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what Boatright's FT% was in his last year of HS?

Reaction Score
I have to add that until I see AD play AO will be just as big an option if not more of one then AD. (that's a lot of ADs and AOs).

Reaction Score
Little guy, big game.
314017_178601485553012_120090728070755_398222_420075731_n.jpg

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Love it!!! I feel like people overlook both RB and DD. Let them. That's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom