Nice night for some of our UCONN alums...Kemba Good Lord! | The Boneyard

Nice night for some of our UCONN alums...Kemba Good Lord!

Reaction Score
Do we feel as if Kemba is being wasted away at Charlotte? He does love it over there. Would he be as successful somewhere else, let's say New York?

CHARLOTTE

Jeremy Lamb 18 PTS 6 RBD
Kemba Walker 43 PTS 4 RBD 5 AST 1 STL

DETROIT

Andre Drummond 23 PTS 16 RBD 3 AST 3 BLK

SAN ANTONIO

Rudy Gay 17 PTS 6 RBD 1 AST

Reaction Score
Do we feel as if Kemba is being wasted away at Charlotte? He does love it over there. Would he be as successful somewhere else, let's say New York?

CHARLOTTE

Jeremy Lamb 18 PTS 6 RBD
Kemba Walker 43 PTS 4 RBD 5 AST 1 STL

DETROIT

Andre Drummond 23 PTS 16 RBD 3 AST 3 BLK

SAN ANTONIO

Rudy Gay 17 PTS 6 RBD 1 AST

New York? I thought we as UConn fans are supposed to always wish the best for our former Huskies, especially one of legend, sending anyone even your worst enemy to the Knicks is a violation of the Constitution's prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Great start to the NBA season for them. Its not the quantity of players we've had in the NBA previously, but very nice #s by those above.

Reaction Score
The Knicks would be great! Can the Knicks afford both Kemba and a max guy? Imagine, KP comes back healthy, you add KD(i know a long shot), and Kemba, not to mention a high draft pick (Zion anyone?). Add that to Trier, Knox and Robinson... That team could easily contend in the east and perhaps for a championship. Yea ok, maybe i am slightly disillusion, i have to dream about something as a Knicks fan.

Reaction Score
I don't wish ill will on Kemba by sticking him on a bad team but it is his real home. It would be nice to see Kemba save NY (almost yacked as a Celtics fan) but the NBA is better when NY is a contender. It just adds more light to the much maligned East and if Kemba can turn NY around, oh how the legend will continue to grow!

Reaction Score
Lakers. Rondo is on a one year contract. Trade Ball to the Nets for Shabazz and cash, and then sign Kemba.

This assumes they don't sign KD, which they probably will, but they couldn't afford both (unless someone takes a pay cut).

Reaction Score
Jordan is rumored to be willing to do anything to keep Kemba in Charlotte and all indications are Kemba absolutely loves it there and will resign. Jordan better figure out a way to bring in some talent around him which will probably be hard considering Kemba is up for getting either a $189 million contract or a $221 million contract and Jordan hasn't been able to surround him with anything while Kemba was the most underpaid player in the NBA.

Reaction Score
New York? I thought we as UConn fans are supposed to always wish the best for our former Huskies, especially one of legend, sending anyone even your worst enemy to the Knicks is a violation of the Constitution's prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment.
New York means more than the Knicks. It would raise his profile and make him a national figure. And that would translate into marketing dollars.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
People keep saying “ugh just go somewhere good” but what is better than being a true GOD in your town, as well as an almost guaranteed path to the HoF that isn’t as easy to vision on a different team with high variability of success.

Reaction Score
Jordan is rumored to be willing to do anything to keep Kemba in Charlotte and all indications are Kemba absolutely loves it there and will resign. Jordan better figure out a way to bring in some talent around him which will probably be hard considering Kemba is up for getting either a $189 million contract or a $221 million contract and Jordan hasn't been able to surround him with anything while Kemba was the most underpaid player in the NBA.

Would love to see them get out from under the Batum contract. Maybe trade him and some bench guys or pics to Washington for Beal so we can get another scorer next to Kemba. No one here ( I live in Charlotte ) wants to see him gone but at the same time wouldnt blame him if he went somewhere else.

Reaction Score
People keep saying “ugh just go somewhere good” but what is better than being a true GOD in your town, as well as an almost guaranteed path to the HoF that isn’t as easy to vision on a different team with high variability of success.
The only way he's making the HOF is if he has some major playoff runs. which seems hard to imagine the way Charlotte is run and constructed.

Reaction Score
All indications are that Kemba loves Charlotte so, for his sake, I hope he gets the absolute maximum deal and more help. He will go down in history as hands-down the absolute greatest of all time for that franchise. Not many players can say that.

Selfishly, I would love to see Kemba on a New York team. Brooklyn would be sick, since they seem to be trending in the right direction as opposed to the Knicks.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Hes languishing in Charlotte on a team that will never compete for a title.

Why not do the same in New York?

its his home and it will increase his accelerating visibility as a true legend.

Reaction Score
All indications are that Kemba loves Charlotte so, for his sake, I hope he gets the absolute maximum deal and more help. He will go down in history as hands-down the absolute greatest of all time for that franchise. Not many players can say that.

Selfishly, I would love to see Kemba on a New York team. Brooklyn would be sick, since they seem to be trending in the right direction as opposed to the Knicks.
People don't care about the Nets, if you're going to NY you go the Knicks.

Reaction Score
The Knicks would be great! Can the Knicks afford both Kemba and a max guy? Imagine, KP comes back healthy, you add KD(i know a long shot), and Kemba, not to mention a high draft pick (Zion anyone?). Add that to Trier, Knox and Robinson... That team could easily contend in the east and perhaps for a championship. Yea ok, maybe i am slightly disillusion, i have to dream about something as a Knicks fan.
i’m a celtics fan and kemba is my favorite player. oh god if he goes to the knicks

Reaction Score
Can't fault Kemba for taking the 221 and staying in Charlotte. Thats like earning a billion in NYC.

Reaction Score
If Kemba keeps it up, he'll be supermax eligible. Think you gotta take that and stay in Charlotte

Reaction Score
How under paid is Kemba?
Resized_Screenshot_20181120-111856001_4940.jpeg

Reaction Score
Knicks will never be great as long as James Dolan is around.

Reaction Score
The Knicks can afford one max guy if they wait to sign KP and then go over the cap to re-sign him. I think the best path is to keep tanking, draft Zion, and sign Kemba. Kemba, THJ, Knox, Zion, KP is a great starting 5 and a playoff team next year.

Reaction Score
Hes languishing in Charlotte on a team that will never compete for a title.

Why not do the same in New York?

its his home and it will increase his accelerating visibility as a true legend.

Good point, big market might make up for difference between what he can earn in Charlotte vs.NYC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom