Nice night for a coming out party, ONO? | The Boneyard

Nice night for a coming out party, ONO?

Reaction Score
She defiantly played great tonight. Now she just has to stop bringing the ball down when she’s around the basket. She has a bright future

Reaction Score
ONO was terrific. She will continue to get better, particularly when she adds some weight and strength (and when she learns to keep her arms straight up when defending).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I thought ONO was fantastic tonight. Not sure why Geno didn't utilize her in the 4th. Walker had a good game offensively but isn't a game changing presence inside like ONO is. With more playing time and a bigger role she's going to be a force next year. UCONN's young trio of Walker/Williams/ONO was excellent tonight.

Reaction Score
Yes to all of the above. I thought Olivia could have a made a difference for at least a couple minutes more in the fourth. Loved the way she played in the mdidle of the game. That stretch when she was doing it all on both defense and offense was amazing. But remember, in the second half she was having serious trouble handling Turner, who was going to play the whole fourth quarter regardless.

I also console myself with the fact that if UConn's tall players did okay against but really could not handle ND's at crunch time, they would never have been able to handle Baylor's.

Reaction Score
Ono is the only tall player. Pheesa is only 6'1". Katie Lou doesn't guard centers. Olivia needed more time earlier in the year to get to a higher level. Saying that, she did play great.

Reaction Score
Ono is the only tall player. Pheesa is only 6'1". Katie Lou doesn't guard centers. Olivia needed more time earlier in the year to get to a higher level. Saying that, she did play great.
The problem the last 3 year's has been the main 5 has been 1 forward and 4 guards. When Stewie and Tuck left the interior defense and toughness left.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The problem the last 3 year's has been the main 5 has been 1 forward and 4 guards. When Stewie and Tuck left the interior defense and toughness left.

One problem is whipping up on AAC patsies for the entire second half of the season tends to give the team a false sense of how good they are. During the past three seasons, we just haven't been quite good enough to match up favorably with the handful of elite teams that make the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom