Nice Kentan Facey article | The Boneyard

Nice Kentan Facey article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has been great on the offensive boards, really goes after rebounds and elevates. Think he should have gotten more minutes against Ohio State and wasn't sure why he didn't quite honestly.
He missed a defensive rotation and failed to box out on back-to-back possessions, and KO Calhoun'd him. I hate to see it happen to Kentan, but hopefully the message is sent and received. The kid's a player as long as he keeps his focus.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To me he is so valuable. Enoch getting so much love here but Facey is delivering! We are fortunate to have him off the bench, remember Marcus White? He could be that tenacious type player.

Linky

Definitely think he's under-appreciated on the Yard. Good kid, improved every year, and I expect good things from him the rest of the year, and maybe, just maybe, great things next year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I am happy that we know we have our answer for our starting PF next season in a veteran Facey. K-Face was the forgotten man in the frontcourt mix heading into this season but has really seemed to find himself in the early going.

Still so raw last year it was easy for us to get frustrated with his inconsistent play. He has actually been our most consistent big man in the early going this season

Reaction Score
A lot of people throw the Hilton Armstrong comparison out there with some of our "raw" post players. I think when it comes to Facey, this could really be the best comparison. Im not saying he will be a first round draft pick, but I just think he has improved every year and with more minutes/development, he can be a solid player this team can count on going forward.

Reaction Score
He missed a defensive rotation and failed to box out on back-to-back possessions, and KO Calhoun'd him. I hate to see it happen to Kentan, but hopefully the message is sent and received. The kid's a player as long as he keeps his focus.

He's not the only one that does that for sure. 3 minutes is not right!

Reaction Score
KFace has a tough job in that he is often up against big Bulls that outweigh him down low but he has an opportunity, we'll see if he runs with it. 6'10" really? He seems about 6'7" or 8 and maybe 205.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He has made many good plays this year and is a string offensive rebounder.
It is still frustrating to see him so easily stripped of the ball.

Reaction Score
He has made many good plays this year and is a string offensive rebounder.
It is still frustrating to see him so easily stripped of the ball.

C'mon harry I know KF is slight of build but does he need to known as a "string" rebounder? ;)

C

Chief00

Coach Miller's comments - I kind of agree with - rebound, set screens and play defense now.
What I don't get is this long term skills development narrative - the kid is a JR not a Freshman. I know he came from Jamaica via NY etc but I want to see more body power by now and quite frankly I think Facey has a better touch than Miller and he is taller - so need to integrate into game now.

Reaction Score
Coach Miller's comments - I kind of agree with - rebound, set screens and play defense now.
What I don't get is this long term skills development narrative - the kid is a JR not a Freshman. I know he came from Jamaica via NY etc but I want to see more body power by now and quite frankly I think Facey has a better touch than Miller and he is taller - so need to integrate into game now.

Thinking he gets more of AB's minutes not Millers. He and AB together is painful as both are liabilities on their man defensively.

C

Chief00

Facey has a decent upside but I just do t think he is physically imposing enough to be a center. Maybe I am being old school in this - but he doesn't scare anyone.

Reaction Score
Facey has a decent upside but I just do t think he is physically imposing enough to be a center. Maybe I am being old school in this - but he doesn't scare anyone.

Hmmm and AB is? Phil isn't exactly imposing either. Thing is we don't have an imposing figure minus Stevie and he's not ready it would seem. But Facey's rebounding is better than the other bigs for the little time he sees. Again he would not be a C per se, but the 4/5 split in a small ball line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom