Nice Kara Lawson & CT Sun article | The Boneyard

Nice Kara Lawson & CT Sun article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, I as many of you, have held animosity against Pat Summitt & her teams. This was wrong on my part. It's all about love, not hate & envy!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
For my part, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say that it was wrong on my part. Animosity, rivalry, distain are all part of a good ol' fashioned feud, be it Yanks n' Sox, Vols n' Huskies, or Hatfields and McCoys.

However, in the words of that great American philosopher Mickey Dolenz, "That was then, this is now". Now, for me, it is different. With Coach Summitt having stepped down to deal with her disease, there is no point, nor no place for animosity towards her - just respect. As for the current players, having not competed against them, there's no vitriol there. Some past players still merit a curl of the lip, but none of the present ones. Now, as for Vol fans, some of 'em from the old days are still drinking Koolaid and calling it Cristal, so, they're still worthy of a snide remark or two. For instance,

Any of y'all Checkerboard square folks trolling the Boneyard, go ahead and look up "vitriol" and "Cristal". Cracking a dictionary will do you good.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That a great thing for Kara and Sun to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom