Nice effort at coming back | The Boneyard

Nice effort at coming back

Reaction Score
But Hurley has to be MUCH better in game:
1. His use of TOs (or lack thereof) is maddening
2. Great that he realized the lineup that worked, but they were down 18 by then
3. The T was brutal. It wasn’t even on a bad call and was in the middle of our comeback. That singlehandedly stemmed the tide.
4. Never really made a defensive adjustment
5. When we got close at the end we kept pressing and they kept scoring at ease

Just like St John’s i put this loss squarely on the Coach. He needs to be better, especially when we are short handed.

Reaction Score
End of half/game offense is still a mess. Call a set play, why is sanogo throwing alley oops.. smh

Reaction Score
Are his assistants yes men? Does he allow them to speak up when he's having a brain cramp?
Like when we are down 6 with the ball and two timeouts and you're not using a TO to get Polley in and design a play.
I love the job he's done n such a short time but he has to clean up some in-game stuff.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Yeah that was a tough game for coach. Unfortunately by the under 16 timeout(I think there was about 14 minutes to go) we only had 2 points and were down by 11. Hard to come out of that hole.

Reaction Score
Yeah that was a tough game for coach. Unfortunately by the under 16 timeout(I think there was about 14 minutes to go) we only had 2 points and were down by 11. Hard to come out of that hole.
Agreed. But JC would sometimes call a TO 45 seconds into a game if he didn’t like what he saw. Hurley seems to like to watch a train wreck to it’s conclusion before deciding to do something about it. It’s maddening.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall had stretches where they were shooting better than some NBA teams. Again these are games we dont lose with bouknight, so overall I guess you try to make as many positives out if it as you can, like the play of AJ.

Reaction Score
No more nice effort comments when we lose. It's sickening and is a losing mentality.

Other than that, I agree with your post
I actually agree w you but figured if I was too harsh I’d get attacked. This was a brutal and avoidable loss, just like St John’s. The coach needs to take some responsibility here.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But JC would sometimes call a TO 45 seconds into a game if he didn’t like what he saw. Hurley seems to like to watch a train wreck to it’s conclusion before deciding to do something about it. It’s maddening.
I've never seen a coach better using TOs to send a statement like Calhoun. One of his many strengths

Reaction Score
No more nice effort comments when we lose. It's sickening and is a losing mentality.

Other than that, I agree with your post
Man you’ve gotta look long term. Gaff and Jackson had breakout games, we’re getting our best player back next game and have a couple quality win opportunities coming up. Combine that with the fact we likely won’t play another team that has such as great 3pt shooting night.

Reaction Score
It’s now been 3 years of “nice effort at coming back” with Hurley at the helm.

Reaction Score
It’s now been 3 years of “nice effort at coming back” with Hurley at the helm.
This is not an accurate depiction of this season at all. Judging this team without it’s best player is idiotic at best. Bouk comes back next game. That’s then we’ll see what this team really is

Reaction Score
Seton Hall had stretches where they were shooting better than some NBA teams. Again these are games we dont lose with bouknight, so overall I guess you try to make as many positives out if it as you can, like the play of AJ.

I tend to cringe as much as the next fan about the whole “let’s take some positives out of a tough loss” thing, but AJ looking like he was much more comfortable on offense and defense, and Gaff having the best game of his career are things we can build on without a doubt going forward into this blitz of Five games in the course of a little over a week

Reaction Score
This is not an accurate depiction of this season at all. Judging this team without it’s best player is idiotic at best. Bouk comes back next game. That’s then we’ll see what this team really is
I’m sorry, but even without Bouknight, year 3 should not involve going down 18 to a 10-8 Seton Hall team. If you think it should be- then I guess you have middle of the road expectations for seasons to come then.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, but even without Bouknight, year 3 should not involve going down 18 to a 10-8 Seton Hall team. If you think it should be- then I guess you have middle of the road expectations for seasons to come then.
Lmao. Seton Hall is better than 10-8 and you’d know that if you looked at anything other than box scores

Reaction Score
With these injuries, too many guys on the team playing way more minutes then they should. Adams, polley, etc. Jackson is worth just keeping in the game because he's an athletic force on the boards, what does Polley give you when he isnt hitting 3s?

Reaction Score
It still doesn’t mean that we should be down 18 to them. No matter who is out.
That’s just ridiculous to say. We should be “good” no matter who is out is the definition of being detached from reality

Reaction Score
That’s just ridiculous to say. We should be “good” no matter who is out is the definition of being detached from reality
Making up words that someone didn’t say is detached from reality. I said we shouldn’t be getting our pushed in. Not that we should be good. Some real eyebrow raisers in here.

Reaction Score
Making up words that someone didn’t say is detached from reality. I said we shouldn’t be getting our pushed in. Not that we should be good. Some real eyebrow raisers in here.
We didn’t get out pushed in. So your crying about nothing. Wipe your tears

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom