Nice Athletic article | The Boneyard

Nice Athletic article

Reaction Score
The Athletic asked Hurley to pick 6 plays that demonstrate the team's improvement this year, then they posted the videos and his comments on each.

Six plays that Dan Hurley says shows the progress UConn is...

He went with
- Play in the 1st half vs. Cincy where Akok and Whaley had 3 blocks and then Gaffney took the ball through the lane on a fastbreak and found Vital for 3.

- Vital's out of bounds save leading to the Bouk dunk against Memphis.

- Carlton outfighting 2 guys for an offensive rebound and putback against Tulsa.

- Akok block leading to a fastbreak jumper by Vital against Nova.

- Bouk follow slam vs. USF

- Polley for 3 then Akok block at the other end and Gilbert finds Polley for a second 3 against Florida.

It's a fun read. Interesting Hurley comment about Carlton too: "Josh, I just think probably needed to be leaner. He’s lost some of the movement, a little bit of the athletic ability. And then obviously, when things start going sideways and the confidence starts to go, that becomes another hurdle. I think Josh can be a completely different player next year, and I think he’ll play at the level people thought he’d play at this year."

Reaction Score
great article! that josh carlton quote stuck out to me as well -- calls back to a discussion we had on the board not that long ago.

the stuff that charlotte is putting out makes me happy that i impulsively paid for an athletic subscription a few months ago.

Reaction Score
Charlotte Carroll has been a welcome addition to The Athletic. Her content is not voluminous but a good in-depth coverage of the mens' and womens' team.

Reaction Score
Charlotte Carroll has been a welcome addition to The Athletic. Her content is not voluminous but a good in-depth coverage of the mens' and womens' team.

It's huge that they hired someone to handle the UConn beat. I've been waiting for her to produce more articles like this on the men's side (rather than just game recaps) and I think she will as she gets her feet under her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom