Nice Article on Courtney Ekmark | The Boneyard

Nice Article on Courtney Ekmark

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Law school and basketball at the same time - that's an amazing challenge. I wish her well in both.
I remember Alan Page did it while playing for the Vikings, but not while at Notre Dame. That sounds as tough to me though.

Reaction Score
Great kid. An unfortunate object lesson on what can happen to a freshman or transfer who gets injured early on and never really has the chance to catch up. The program and kids move just so fast. Hope Camara heals quick so she has the chance to find her place.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Law school and basketball at the same time - that's an amazing challenge. I wish her well in both.
Yeah, top-25 basketball team and top-25 law school. Good for Courtney!

Reaction Score
I remember Alan Page did it while playing for the Vikings, but not while at Notre Dame. That sounds as tough to me though.
I read the article and was pleased to learn that Courtney is thriving while at home. Law School, while not Engineering, is a tough row to hoe then add to that a Good Div one program --she will have many sleepless nights. Best of luck to a great hardworking kids. Courtney put her heart and soul in getting prepared for Uconn --she is an "all-in" type of kid.

Reaction Score
Help me understand how that works. She is supposed to be a college senior/redshirt junior. But she's been accepted to, and begun, law school. So she was accepted during her junior year at ASU? Is she pursuing a bachelor's and a law degree at the same time?

Just curious. Can one play two years for a college team while being enrolled in a professional school?

I'm certainly rooting for her. Just wonder how this all works.

Reaction Score
She took college courses her senior year of HS. She took classes during summer breaks while at UConn. So with all that extra time she graduated in 3 college years (UConn and ASU) and started law school a year early.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She took college courses her senior year of HS. She took classes during summer breaks while at UConn. So with all that extra time she graduated in 3 college years (UConn and ASU) and started law school a year early.
Indeed! Courtney is a top-notch student. If she had stayed in high school her senior year, she was on track to be class valedictorian.

Reaction Score

Colleges usually require two years of coursework at that particular institution. So Arizona State let her graduate with a BA with just one year of coursework there? Huh.

And she will play two years of college basketball while studying two years in law school? Wonder how well that will work out during for her while taking 1L. One can take off for days on end during one's undergraduate days, but law school?

Good luck....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Colleges usually require two years of coursework at that particular institution. So Arizona State let her graduate with a BA with just one year of coursework there? Huh.

And she will play two years of college basketball while studying two years in law school? Wonder how well that will work out during for her while taking 1L. One can take off for days on end during one's undergraduate days, but law school?

Good luck....
She may have taken classes there while still in high school, or possibly during the summers of 2016 and/or 2017. I don't know for sure, but she had opportunities to earn credits equivalent to 2 years there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom