Nice article from Stamford Advocate | The Boneyard

Nice article from Stamford Advocate

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I think the difference, the biggest thing is we’re on each other’s throats. Just like the competitiveness and the edginess kind of like Coach said, is to a totally different level,” Westbrook said. “We’re at each other’s throats because we know that’s what’s going to make us better. We’re arguing out there and a couple hours later, once everyone cools down, it’s like ‘We’re going to Olive Garden tonight or we’re going to hibachi? Which one?’ ”

Before they are at each other's throats they are taking their leads from the coaches I hope, no expect.

Reaction Score
“I think the difference, the biggest thing is we’re on each other’s throats. Just like the competitiveness and the edginess kind of like Coach said, is to a totally different level,” Westbrook said. “We’re at each other’s throats because we know that’s what’s going to make us better. We’re arguing out there and a couple hours later, once everyone cools down, it’s like ‘We’re going to Olive Garden tonight or we’re going to hibachi? Which one?’ ”

Before they are at each other's throats they are taking their leads from the coaches I hope, no expect.

Sounds like the description in Undefeated with the 2002 team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I prefer they take their leads from Nika.

Reaction Score
First time I've heard someone mention transferring out. I don't think it was a Geno quote, I think it was the author, Maggie Vanoni. Hope everyone sees the team point of view and stays.

Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Espinoza-Hunter all leaving early shortened the bench for a few years

Carnac

Reaction Score
I prefer they take their leads from Nika.
…..as far as playing with toughness and guile are concerned.

Carnac

Reaction Score
First time I've heard someone mention transferring out. I don't think it was a Geno quote, I think it was the author, Maggie Vanoni. Hope everyone sees the team point of view and stays.

Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Espinoza-Hunter all leaving early shortened the bench for a few years
Yes, the author touched on a subject that boneyard posters cannot. A subject that some of us ponder each year, but cannot broach. As I was reading her piece, a thought came to mind. Who loses a game first, South Carolina or UConn? Also, which team on UConn’s schedule this season has the best chance of beating them?

Carnac

Reaction Score
But there are limits following Nika's lead as CW explains starting at 3:40

UConn's Christyn Williams and Nika Mühl: Creighton Postgame Press Conference - YouTube
I mentioned in an earlier post the transformation Nika had to make last year to learn and understand the nuances of American basketball, which is different in some respects than the European style of basketball she grew up learning to play. Nika plays a hard nose in your face type of game that has no room for taking plays off. #Gohardorgohome. #Nodaysoff.

Reaction Score

The article mentions the "t" word, but misses the "g" word. Graduation. The three seniors are likely to leave at the end of the year. And how long will grad student Juhász be with us? Might feel like the roster is opening up for the underclassmen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom