Nice Article About Jen at George Washington | The Boneyard

Nice Article About Jen at George Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stepping into the right situation appealed to GW’s Jen Rizzotti | American Sports Network

"Playing for her has been amazing thus far,” said senior Caira Washington, the Most Outstanding Player in the 2016 conference tournament. “When she is talking to us in practice it is like she is still a point guard. She pushes for us to play the game perfectly and be smarter. That is the main thing she stresses.”

And a sidebar that is a little contra to conventional wisdom on Geno:

"I joke with him that I spend more time on defense (than he does) and he spends more time on offense. He feels you are always going to be better if you can’t be stopped (on offense). He is always challenging me to focus more on offense.”

Reaction Score
And foxnews61 had a segment last night on UHar's new coach and how they are off to their best start in years. Thought it was a tad disrespectful of Jen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And foxnews61 had a segment last night on UHar's new coach and how they are off to their best start in years. Thought it was a tad disrespectful of Jen.
If it's not true I would say it is (disrespectful). They are off to a 9-4 start. Is that better than what Jen did there over the past 4 years or so?

Reaction Score
They are playing with Jen's recruits so,she didn't leave the cubard bare.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, if the team is off to a good start, then I'm glad that the local media recognized it: we're still at the point that any attention for WCBB, outside of a handful of programs, shouldn't be taken for granted.

I think it was Bill Walsh of the '49ers, and echoed by Theo Epstein, who said, basically, after about 10 years in a job, you plateau: you need a change, and the job needs somebody fresh. Now, obviously, that's a broad generalization, and Geno and UConn may be the obvious example of how that doesn't always hold. But, the lovely thing about college sports is, even if the staff stays the same, the students are constantly changing, entering as Frosh and graduating as Seniors. So, there's change inherent in the system. Still, if Jen felt that she'd brought Hartford as far as she could, and she desired more, it's a proper resolution for her - and, likely, for the institution.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, if the team is off to a good start, then I'm glad that the local media recognized it: we're still at the point that any attention for WCBB, outside of a handful of programs, shouldn't be taken for granted.

I think it was Bill Walsh of the '49ers, and echoed by Theo Epstein, who said, basically, after about 10 years in a job, you plateau: you need a change, and the job needs somebody fresh. Now, obviously, that's a broad generalization, and Geno and UConn may be the obvious example of how that doesn't always hold. But, the lovely thing about college sports is, even if the staff stays the same, the students are constantly changing, entering as Frosh and graduating as Seniors. So, there's change inherent in the system. Still, if Jen felt that she'd brought Hartford as far as she could, and she desired more, it's a proper resolution for her - and, likely, for the institution.

I suspect Jen would have checked out of Hartford years before, but would not until her sons were older. Their grandparents were very much involved in support.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Glass half full or half empty? Is Jen a great coach or just a decent coach? GW has traditionally supported the WCBB team very well and some talent is there. She needs to continue that success. I hate to say this to the crew here HOWEVER, no one among the former players has distinguished themselves as a great D1 coach and a worthy successor. I worry about "turning the keys to the Ferrari over to the 16 year old who has only watched me drive the car and not driven their own". Not one national program has had a former player come in and continue the success of the predecessor. I suppose there are firsts for everything....time will tell.

Reaction Score
I think she will also find that Washington D.C. may be a bit different than Hartford, CT. A great change that will charge her batteries.

Reaction Score

That's a tribute to JEN---she recruited and taught many of those players!! It is not disrespectful to report the FACTS.

Reaction Score
That's a tribute to JEN---she recruited and taught many of those players!! It is not disrespectful to report the FACTS.
If you didn't watch or listen to it, maybe you should reserve your judgement.

Reaction Score
I think she will also find that Washington D.C. may be a bit different than Hartford, CT. A great change that will charge her batteries.
Say what you want about DC--yes the traffic is terrible--but METRO for me was a pleasure--if you can think about it--there is a place to do it. The Bistro's are for the most part great. I enjoyed living there. I tried to leave town on Friday afternoon by 1 pm (with Flex schedule)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Timing is everything. If Jen is successful at GW, she will undoubtedly be offered a P-5 HC job. The prospect of her possibly taking over for Geno when he retires is tied into whether Shea stays on at UConn or decides to take her own HC gig, and how long Geno decides to coach. When the inevitable day comes for Geno to step down, I would be fine with either Shea or Jen assuming the reigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom