Nice And Simple | The Boneyard

Nice And Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn wins their next two home games, they'll play at Cincinnati with the mentality that a win gets us a share of the league title and potentially the BCS bid.

To reiterate, if we win these two at home we are guaranteed to be in the BE title picture heading into the last week of the season. However, it is also a guarantee that the win over Cinci won't be enough alone.

Because WVU plays USF that (edit: Thursday) night, and Pitt plays Cuse simultaneous with us at noon, we would need to win and wait for help.

Only one of those games will matter to us, and it will be the game involving the Pitt/WV winner. Something to keep note of: USF has played very well against WV the past few years and that will likely be the game we are going to need the upset from.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Coming into this season if you told me that wins over Louisville and Syracuse at home would guarantee that UConn was in the title mix with one game left, I would have asked where to sign.

Reaction Score
WV plays South Florida on Thursday Dec 1.

Wow, my bad. I assumed it was a Sat game, sorry if I confused anyone. So if WV beats Pitt, theoretically WV could "close us out" two days before we play Cinci. But they could also let us control our own destiny by losing to USF. I think I got it right this time haha.

Bottom line is, if UConn goes 2-0 at home here, we'll be in title contention heading into the last week of the season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we win this weekend, we are still alive and we start the same thought process a week from today that we have today (win and remain alive). Considering the mood one month ago I like where we stand today.

Reaction Score
im only looking at the game against louisville one at a time, i know were not playing or coaching for uconn so we can look ahead but thats not me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom