NH Register: No decision until Dec. 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NH Register: No decision until Dec. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ACC is in play. that's the bottom line. And the prizes are UNC and FSU. Everything else is just add-ons. I suspect the Big10 will go UVa/UNC, destroying the ACC and forcing ND's hand. Its the right play. then the big 12 takes VaTech, FSU, Clemson and Louisville

Reaction Score
UL is telling WVU, who is lobbying on their behalf to the B12, that UCONN is the ACC's choice. -- The Dude of WV (@theDudeofWV)
Would love to see UConn go ACC and Ville and Cincy go Big 12. Won't happen, but would be great. None of us deserve to be left out.

Reaction Score
The ACC is in play. that's the bottom line. And the prizes are UNC and FSU. Everything else is just add-ons. I suspect the Big10 will go UVa/UNC, destroying the ACC and forcing ND's hand. Its the right play. then the big 12 takes VaTech, FSU, Clemson and Louisville
Then the ACC could take UConn (if not already), Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple and rename the conference "The Big East, part duex"

Reaction Score
If I'm the ACC, I take UConn, Louisville and Cincy and declare victory. They can't go wrong. They'll have 16 all sports schools, they get the best basketball and football that the current Big East can offer.
I would take UConn, Ville, and USF.

Cincy is Big 10 country and not beating out OSU for ratings anytime soon. USF, Miami, and FSU have already been playing eachother regularly.

Reaction Score
If the Big East is so weak why do conferences keep taking teams from it?
If the Big East is so strong, why do teams keep leaving?

I don't believe anybody is leaving the Pac 12, Big 10, or SEC. Everyone else is up for grabs.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Agree 100% .... Uconn was said to be THE school.... Louisville wasn't even thought of period. The longer this takes the more likely Uconn will be watching from a distance. Contrary to what has been previously said and our own biased opinion of UConn I don't think the ACC has a strong interest in our program. We can blame BCU all we want but Uconn was over looked in the Cuse Pitt round, then ignored when begging to get a seat after, only to have the ACC roll out the red carpet for ND's leaching program and now they take a left hook to the face and are feeling things out? I think the answer is right in front of us.... The interest just isn't there.... With an unproven bball coach, sanctions, garbage football hire and results Uconn isn't a sexy choice. Perception is reality... The longer this takes the less in Uconn's favor. We see WVU fans pushing for ville to the big 12 then you see fsu and Clemson fans openingly pushing for ville to acc. Who's seeing a heavy push for Uconn outside of ct?
Maybe this has been addressed but that history is WRONG. UConn was the first choice with with Pitt but Flipper and BC made them go back and look at Cuse. The interest was and is there. Forte... we just don't know what's being said behind closed doors right this minute, just because you don't hear Herbst doing a press conference to publicly #BegHarder doesn't mean these people aren't doing their jobs. And I think all the reactions that you are reacting to are just FANS not the people running the show.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the Big East is so weak why do conferences keep taking teams from it?

for the same reason dogs licks their *****, because they can.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So if the ACC is stabilizing, are we back to a 12/1 decision?

Reaction Score
It just goes to show you that at one point, one of the comissioners was sitting on an absolute gold mine and did nothing about it...

That's what happens when you have no vision, and you just want to go ahead with the same old....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If I'm the ACC, I take UConn, Louisville and Cincy and declare victory. They can't go wrong. They'll have 16 all sports schools, they get the best basketball and football that the current Big East can offer.

This.

I have, for the most part, kept my mouth shut about realignment over the last three days. It's mainly due to the fact that I am still reading to catch up on the Boneyard, which has hit a pace of 3 new threads per minute. It seems clear to me that the additions of those three teams would improve the ACC in virtually all sports, and it would open up even more markets and recruiting bases. It would likely be worth a few million more per team per year in a re-structured contract. I would guess that the addition of those three teams might even be able to get the ACC to 20 million per team, assuming that ESPN played along. And they should, because it would be in their best interest to do so.

UConn, Louisville, and Cincy is the correct answer. Of course, when has the correct answer ever stopped anyone from doing something else...

Reaction Score
for the same reason dogs licks their *****, because they can.

Does the 5 star word begin with an "A" or a "C"? Because one is totally gross, the other I can agree with.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The five star word is dicks.

Edit- welp, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics