NFT: See a sold out Rent in all its glory. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NFT: See a sold out Rent in all its glory.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
The announced attendence was just over 37,000.

Reaction Score
drove past on 84 East around 2pm. Roberts St. exit backed up into Hartford
Drove by 84 west around 2:30. Robert's St exit was backed up pretty far onto 84 also and the overpass looked like a parking lot. I have been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened and never seen it this bad. . Also passed over Charter oak bridge. The east bound was jammed up. Why was the traffic so bad? No one tailgated? All general admission parking? A police holiday?

Reaction Score
Drove by 84 west around 2:30. Robert's St exit was backed up pretty far onto 84 also and the overpass looked like a parking lot. I have been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened and never seen it this bad. . Also passed over Charter oak bridge. The east bound was jammed up. Why was the traffic so bad? No one tailgated? All general admission parking? A police holiday?
Fans used to be able to enter the parking areas through P&W from Rt 2/Willow Street off Main Street as well as the main entrance off 84/Roberts St and the East gate of Silver lane. Willow St is now not used so almost all vehicles use main entrance across from Roberts Street. It will be bad if attendance ever stays over 30,000 regularly.

Reaction Score
Fans used to be able to enter the parking areas through P&W from Rt 2/Willow Street off Main Street as well as the main entrance off 84/Roberts St and the East gate of Silver lane. Willow St is now not used so almost all vehicles use main entrance across from Roberts Street. It will be bad if attendance ever stays over 30,000 regularly.
It wasn't bad for the NC State game. Of course I was there to tailgate 5 hours before. Today it just seemed like the line backed up on 84 wasn't moving at all.

Reaction Score
The traffic for a one off event is much worse than for a UConn game because there is a much, much smaller percentage of the crowd that knows where they are going, so it takes longer to get them from the road to a parking space.

Reaction Score
Bad look for UConn football and athletic program looking for a P4 invite.

CT residents and NE residents will come out to support an exhibition soccer match but won't do the same for State U seven Saturdays in the fall.

Demonstrates there's a population interested in sports they have money in their pockets. Just not for UConn football.
talk about a ridiculous take, LOL

Reaction Score
Bad look for UConn football and athletic program looking for a P4 invite.

CT residents and NE residents will come out to support an exhibition soccer match but won't do the same for State U seven Saturdays in the fall.

Demonstrates there's a population interested in sports they have money in their pockets. Just not for UConn football.
Weak take at best.
Slightly bigger pool and broader market.

Reaction Score
The traffic for a one off event is much worse than for a UConn game because there is a much, much smaller percentage of the crowd that knows where they are going, so it takes longer to get them from the road to a parking space.
I am sure some roads being closed for the marathon didn't help either

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Parking was atrocious today. Not worth leaving until at least 90 minutes after the final whistle.

Reaction Score
Any yarders at the game? Just curious as to how the Rent does when it's crowded.
Went with my nephew. It was a good time. The group in front of me drove down from Toronto to cheer on Germany. So there were people coming from everywhere. I think the announced attendance was about 37,750

Reaction Score
Stop.

First off nobody will even realize this game is happening. It’s a friendly which is like a pretend game.

Secondly they only play here once in a blue moon and the USMNT is actually kind of successful and has some star power. So there is some pent up demand. It’s also kind of sexy opponent it’s not like they are playing Belarus.
they sold out RFK the last time USA played germany, try again

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the announced attendance was about 37,750
I think that's the most likely capacity of the Rent. When they say 40,000 they're including all the workers.

Reaction Score
I'm a football season ticket holder who went to the match yesterday. Excellent atmosphere, one of the loudest moments I've personally ever heard the Rent was when Pulisic scored his incredible goal to put the US up 1-0. Germany had a solid fan group that took up a couple sections up in the 200s, on the opposite side of the scoreboard where away fans sit for football. I imagine the Hartford Marathon may have made traffic issues worse. I didn't even bother trying to leave until more than two hours after the match ended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom