OT: - NFL Playoffs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Playoffs

Reaction Score
Judging a QB by where he went to school isn’t a great idea. Jack Frohm went to a UGA, you want him instead?
It’s the reason why Rodgers and Mahomes fell in the draft, same with Josh Allen.

Reaction Score
11th most yards. 11th most TD. 2nd best completion %. 10th best QB rating. 7th most completions. And that’s with BB having him throw just 3 times in Buffalo.

No complaints. Glad the Pats drafted him. Many of the best QBs didn’t play as rookies. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady and lots of others.
It is a 17 game season for the first time and he started all 17. Some of the guys ahead of him on those stats, like Herbert, Jones, and Mayfield, did it in 13 or 14 games. It was a good rookie year no doubt, but far from the best.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is a 17 game season for the first time and he started all 17. Some of the guys ahead of him on those stats, like Herbert, Jones, and Mayfield, did it in 13 or 14 games. It was a good rookie year no doubt, but far from the best.

I didn't say it was the best. I said "one of the better". Stand by that. Herbert, Luck and Prescott were very good. Roethisberger was really good. There is plenty to be optimistic about, especially for a QB playing in the offense that demands the most of the position (mentally) in the entire league. Most teams have the center call the blocking scheme, Pats have the QB do it. They have more more pre-snap reads and adjustments than most. In fact, it's something I've complained about, because so many WR and TE struggle with the adjustments. They have to simplify it because nobody is doing it this way in the college game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It’s the reason why Rodgers and Mahomes fell in the draft, same with Josh Allen.

System and coaches more than the school itself.

Although Allen didn’t dominate at the lower level, can’t say that’s not a fair Red flag

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Rogers fell playing at Cal? Mahomes at TT, the most prolific passing offense in college football at the time? Allen was at a lower level of competition for sure, but he fell because despite insane tools and athleticism, he couldn't read defenses and process worth a damn. Nor could Mahomes when he got to the NFL. It's always a gamble with athletic "toolsy" QBs. High upside, but they may never figure it out. Wilson and Lance are this year's examples.

the Q

Reaction Score
Rogers fell playing at Cal? Mahomes at TT, the most prolific passing offense in college football at the time? Allen was at a lower level of competition for sure, but he fell because despite insane tools and athleticism, he couldn't read defenses and process worth a damn. Nor could Mahomes when he got to the NFL. It's always a gamble with athletic "toolsy" QBs. High upside, but they may never figure it out. Wilson and Lance are this year's examples.

Rodgers fell by playing for tedford.

They had articles and tv segments about tedford QBs were bad.

Rodgers broke that mold lol

Reaction Score
Rodgers fell by playing for tedford.

They had articles and tv segments about tedford QBs were bad.

Rodgers broke that mold lol

I knew Rodgers was different when I saw that game where he beat USC in 3 OT. got laughed at when I told one of my friends that Rodgers would be a better NFL qb then Matt Leinart.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I knew Rodgers was different when I saw that game where he beat USC in 3 OT. got laughed at when I told one of my friends that Rodgers would be a better NFL qb then Matt Leinart.

Most people thought he'd go #2, the info had leaked that SF wanted Smith. Miami needed a QB (this may have killed Saban as an NFL coach). I thought he was better than Smith. I think a lot of mock draft people did, but still, it happened. Details in the link.

the Q

Reaction Score

I knew it when he lost to usc.

He was so impressive even in defeat.

the Q

Reaction Score
Most people thought he'd go #2, the info had leaked that SF wanted Smith. Miami needed a QB (this may have killed Saban as an NFL coach). I thought he was better than Smith. I think a lot of mock draft people did, but still, it happened. Details in the link.

I’m baffled anyone thought that noodle arm smith was better than Rodgers

Reaction Score
I knew it when he lost to usc.

He was so impressive even in defeat.
That was the following season, when Cal beat USC that was in 2003, last time USC lost until they lost to Vince Young and Texas.

Reaction Score
49ers got the Pack where they want them. Do the Packers have a wr other then Adams.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Both ones seeds with their hands firmly wrapped around their necks

the Q

Reaction Score
Rams are loaded a bad matchup for Brady.

Can’t let them off the hook and can’t let the nfl get involved like they did in the sb when Brady played like trash and they bailed them out with nonsense

Reaction Score
Can’t let them off the hook and can’t let the nfl get involved like they did in the sb when Brady played like trash and they bailed them out with nonsense
Not even close to the same Rams team. That team didn’t have Cooper Kupp and Jordan Goff was the qb.

the Q

Reaction Score
Not even close to the same Rams team. That team didn’t have Cooper Kupp and Jordan Goff was the qb.

Meant the falcons sb

The rams sb was also bad with the laughable missed dpi at the 1 that changed the game.

the Q

Reaction Score

But they did force Brady to beat mahomes the round before

Reaction Score
Leaving the door open for Brady? A lot of time left.

Reaction Score
Close call. Super ballsy play and call by LA on that last throw.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan, but don't watch a ton of football.

Fortunately, I was able to catch at least the last quarter of each game this weekend, including all of the Bills/Chiefs game.

Every game ended on a FG or TD...my football history isn't good, but where does this weekend rank on the list of best weekends of playoff football in all-time? It's gotta be up there.

Reaction Score
I like both Josh Allen and Mahomes, but yet another reason to like these two guys, especially Mahomes:

Reaction Score
since when does the stadium half time music drown out the half time show - strange

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom