NFL Free Agents | The Boneyard

NFL Free Agents

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Giants reportedly signed Nate Solder. Big loss for New England, and a big move by the Giants to shore up a terrible OL.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Giants reportedly signed Nate Solder. Big loss for New England, and a big move by the Giants to shore up a terrible OL.

Giants had to overpay because there was nobody on the market and Reese had left the cupboard utterly bare. Solder is a Top 10-15 guy who's now making #1 money. The market inevitably rises of course. And I'm sure Eli is happy.

NE got raped in the first day of free agency. Can't do much about those contracts though:

Solder - 35m guaranteed
Lewis - 12m guaranteed
Dola - 8.25m guaranteed
Butler - 30m guaranteed

UPDATE: Looks like Burkhead resigned. That's good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Giants had to overpay because there was nobody on the market and Reese had left the cupboard utterly bare. Solder is a Top 10-15 guy who's now making #1 money. The market inevitably rises of course. And I'm sure Eli is happy.

NE got raped in the first day of free agency. Can't do much about those contracts though:

Solder - 35m guaranteed
Lewis - 12m guaranteed
Dola - 8.25m guaranteed
Butler - 30m guaranteed

UPDATE: Looks like Burkhead resigned. That's good.

Agreed. I wouldn't have paid any of those guys that much. I did want Rex back. I think he adds a lot as a flex run/catch option back there. Since they rarely run White, it too often telegraphs that it's a pass play.

Reaction Score
Hey, the Jets look like they're going with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater this year! Can't wait.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hey, the Jets look like they're going with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater this year! Can't wait.

That is a very savvy move on their part. Bridgewater was looking very good when he got hurt. Maybe he's not the player he was, but if he is, he's as good as somebody they'd draft in round 1, and more likely to be immediately productive. They overpaid for McCown, but I suspect he's Bridgewater insurance.

Reaction Score
That is a very savvy move on their part. Bridgewater was looking very good when he got hurt. Maybe he's not the player he was, but if he is, he's as good as somebody they'd draft in round 1, and more likely to be immediately productive. They overpaid for McCown, but I suspect he's Bridgewater insurance.

You obviously are not a Jets fan with 45 years of mediocre QB's in your wake....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You obviously are not a Jets fan with 45 years of mediocre QB's in your wake....

That's true. But you did have some solid Vinny T years. I'm being sincere in that I think Bridgewater was a steal. Whoever pays Kirk Cousins some salary cap breaking amount will be the loser of free agency. Jet's can still draft someone. Maybe not blow the #6 pick.

Reaction Score
That's true. But you did have some solid Vinny T years. I'm being sincere in that I think Bridgewater was a steal. Whoever pays Kirk Cousins some salary cap breaking amount will be the loser of free agency. Jet's can still draft someone. Maybe not blow the #6 pick.

It was a low risk move signing Bridgewater it is a 1 year contract, you take a qb at worst Bridgewater is a place holder for whoever the Jets would take in the draft at qb.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Vernon Gholston....

Reaction Score

Nope. They certainly did not have some solid Vinny T years.

In 1998, he threw for 29 TDs, 7 INTs and 3,256 yds.
In 1999 through 2003, he threw for a total of 47 TDs and 45 INTs and a 16 game average of 3,009 yds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom