NFL Football | The Boneyard

NFL Football

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
1. Both supreme vintage quarterbacks lost.

2. Amazing how the game has changed...reverted to a more 50-60's style of tackling;
and how good the corners and backers are at executing it.
Almost none of the head-leading suicide shots that shorten lives and the possibility of a normal retirement.

Still a violent game, but much more civilized within that framework
Plaudits to the NFL for making the effort.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With the GOAT out, the Ravens-Chiefs AFC championship should be the Super Bowl.

I can't imagine a scenario where that matchup doesn't happen. And the winner is a SB lock.

Reaction Score
With the GOAT out, the Ravens-Chiefs AFC championship should be the Super Bowl.

I can't imagine a scenario where that match-up doesn't happen. And the winner is a SB lock.

I would not call the AFC winner a SB lock. The Ravens beat the Niners in Baltimore on a last second field goal 20-17 and SF was without their biggest threat on offense, TE George Kittle, and were also missing their second best defensive lineman in Dee Brown.

Also, as for a prior comment, the NFL is still a "bit" inconsistent on targeting calls. I missed the play live as I was cooking dinner; but, I've watched the replay and I have no idea how NFL officials did not flag Clowney for basically spearing Wentz with his helmet in the back of the QB's head. That's a type of hit that has to be eliminated from the NFL if the sport hopes to survive as it can cause career-ending, long-term, health impacts. It was also not a bang-bang play as Clowney said. Putting the lateness of the tackle aside as Wentz was going down from an ankle tackle from behind, proper tackling technique would have been for Clowney to hit Wentz using his arms, shoulders, and chest across the QB's body. Instead, he actually drives a shoulder into the QB's back from on top and then uses that as a pivot point to allow him to drive his head and other shoulder into the head and neck area of Wentz. That's an illegal hit no mater if it's a QB, WR, running back, etc. It should have been a 15-yard penalty and ejection for targeting. If the NFL is serous about player safety, Clowney should be both fined and suspended for the next playoff game to send a message; but, we know it won't happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom