NFL finds 11 of 12 balls deflated per ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NFL finds 11 of 12 balls deflated per ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
As all of us have learned most everything we know about footballs and the NFL in the last 48 hours............ I think it's obvious that every QB has a level of influence over how the footballs are inflated and broken in for home games. Who knew there was a homefield advantage to footballs? I think it's also obvious tha the NFL has had knowledge of this practice and has pretty much left up to the players and teams to self-police the process. I stopped having a favorite NFL team when the Rams traded Dickerson, so I don't care one way or the other. From my perspective the biggest egg is on the NFL for letting the process get out of control until it came back to bite them in the arse at the second worst possible time.
LovED the Rams, too. Dickerson, then that scumbag Georgia Frontiere killed it for me. I did pull for Kurt Warner though. How could you not? If they go back, I'll probably be back on, full tilt.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...gland-patriots-shocked-deflated-football-news

Of course he is - even if he was responsible (which I dont believe he is) what do you expect him to say...

Although it would be hilarious if a photo emerged of him in some equipment closet, with his cut off sleeves sweatshirt, manhandling an air gauge and a bunch of footballs.

Remember when the NFL threatened to suspend Marshawn Lynch if he wore gold cleats instead of 'compliant' Seahawk cleats (white, blue, lime green) for the NFL championship game? If wearing the wrong color cleats can result in a game suspension, what type of penalty is warranted for purposely changing the game balls for the AFC championship? Lucky for Brady the NFL does not have the brass balls to suspend him for the SB if he is guilty. Not to mention that the NFL Players Union would do.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I guess this is another former QB with an agenda (Brunnel I was told had an agenda when he was able to identify 3 different weighted balls by just throwing them)

PHOENIX -- Former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake says he oversaw the deflation of footballs on the sideline right before games during his career. Speaking on "The Midday 180" out of Nashville, Blake said the practice was common.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12244290/ex-quarterback-jeff-blake-deflating-footballs-common

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone notice how there hasn't been any chatter by other active QB's in the NFL?

Reason is that they all do juice the ball to their liking and it's always been a gentlemen's agreement not to duck with each other. So long as each QB gets the ball the way he likes it, no harm no foul.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So basically, this entire thing is BS.

not really - Brady could have come clean and said 'Yeah - I did it, we all do it' instead he denied it - if you are going off the theory everyone does it.
Lying is NOT good...

Its like your kid does something wrong he/she gets X punishment - when he/she lies about it they get X+Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom