NFA's Marcus Outlow.. | The Boneyard

NFA's Marcus Outlow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Junior RB has an impressive list of offers. According to today's Courant, the list includes Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, BC, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State. UConn has yet to offer. Kid state that he's always loved the SEC & Florida. Won't make a decision until his Senior season. He'll be on display on Friday at the Rent against Xavier.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...-school-column-1204-20121204,0,1029655.column

He went to combines, including a major National Underclassmen Combine in Oklahoma. By the time they were completed, he had received scholarship offers from Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan,Boston College, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State ….
"There are a lot more," Outlow said.
And where's your list at right now?
"Probably 13-14," said Outlow, who didn't mention UConn. "My parents don't want me to decide yet. I'm trying to stay humble. I'm trying to stay focused."

I wonder what they're waiting on (sarcasm).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
amazing that we wouldnt offer yet right? just un real. do we have a shot? no prob not, but offer the kid jesus. and do it 1st nex time before anyone else becuase he plays down the street from u. now go ofer coope and phillips before i have a cow. newsome in this class is not enough at rb. we are going to have 4+ rbs from this state go bcs next year, thats un real if we land 1 or less than that.

Reaction Score
Who cares if he grew up in Philly when he was younger, he's a CT. kid now and has played all his high school ball here and will be playing this weekend at UConn's home field. Even though the chances of him coming here are really slim it's insane we haven't offered. USC's qb Max Wittek is from CT. but he's a Cali kid now having played all his high school ball there.

Reaction Score
Who cares if he grew up in Philly when he was younger, he's a CT. kid now and has played all his high school ball here and will be playing this weekend at UConn's home field. Even though the chances of him coming here are really slim it's insane we haven't offered. USC's qb Max Wittek is from CT. but he's a Cali kid now having played all his high school ball there.

He doesn't have as much of a connection to the state as someone who grew up here. Would you consider Sadiq Olanrewaju to be a CT kid?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He doesn't have as much of a connection to the state as someone who grew up here. Would you consider Sadiq Olanrewaju to be a CT kid?

outlows family moved here and he has been in ct for like 7 years now and 4 of those are hs, correct?

olanrewaju is from va and came here for prepatory school. doesn't have a home i ct, just a dorm for a year.

Reaction Score
outlows family moved here and he has been in ct for like 7 years now and 4 of those are hs, correct?

olanrewaju is from va and came here for prepatory school. doesn't have a home i ct, just a dorm for a year.

I don't know enough about him to know that. A few southeastern CT schools recruit kids from outside the area, like New London recruited Kris Dunn from Baltimore.

Reaction Score
johnhuskies95, I don't mean to be a jerk but you don't know what you're talking about. Kris Dunn was born in New London and when he was a kid he moved down to Virginia with another family member, he moved back to Montville CT. when he was 9 years old. So you're telling me Southeastern CT. High schools are recruiting 9 year olds from other states to play for them?

Reaction Score
johnhuskies95, I don't mean to be a jerk but you don't know what you're talking about. Kris Dunn was born in New London and when he was a kid he moved down to Virginia with another family member, he moved back to Montville CT. when he was 9 years old. So you're telling me Southeastern CT. High schools are recruiting 9 year olds from other states to play for them?

superjohn, Kris Dunn may be a poor example but New London recruits kids from the DMV area.

But back to the original point, there's a reason that Outlow lists Philly on his twitter page.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no ct public hs who can't get its together enough to even keep there stud from a ok at best prep school, recruits the hampton roads for stud bball players. holy do i need a drink in order to join this theory.

Reaction Score
no ct public hs who can't get its **** together enough to even keep there stud from a ok at best prep school, recruits the hampton roads for stud bball players. holy **** do i need a drink in order to join this theory.

Hampton is almost 200 miles away from DC. Sounds like you've already had a drink.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hampton is almost 200 miles away from DC. Sounds like you've already had a drink.

do u honestly think that i think dc and hampton va are the same thing? well i guess u could as im crazy as . anyway it was just a different landmark in the same area so i cna rant.

Reaction Score
no ct public hs who can't get its **** together enough to even keep there stud from a ok at best prep school, recruits the hampton roads for stud bball players. holy **** do i need a drink in order to join this theory.

Translation please?

Reaction Score
do u honestly think that i think dc and hampton va are the same thing? well i guess u could as im crazy as ****. anyway it was just a different landmark in the same area so i cna rant.

Yes, I honestly think that. How else am I supposed to interpret that post?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Translation please?

new london, had kris dunn as a student and basketball player
he transfered to a prep school (wilby and mon), he ended up transfering back becuase AD left for uconn and uconn's ship was gone for him. providence wanted him closer to home/campus and not in a pro uconn gym(w&m). new london was just the local public school in all this.
no ct high school goes anywhere in the dc area and recruits kids to move to ct for "basketball". thats insane. the only recruiting ct public high schools do for basketball is if the school has extra departments like brien mcmahon has a foreign dept. kids can then from other local schools transfer to mcmahon for the program and play bball there. a kid from greenwhich did this not to long ago.
i need a drink so that i can change my mind and get on board with johns theory.

Reaction Score

he transfered to a prep school (wilby and mon), he ended up transfering back becuase AD left for uconn and uconn's ship was gone for him. providence wanted him closer to home/campus and not in a pro uconn gym(w&m). new london was just the local public school in all this.
no ct high school goes anywhere in the dc area and recruits kids to move to ct for "basketball". thats insane. the only recruiting ct public high schools do for basketball is if the school has extra departments like brien mcmahon has a foreign dept. kids can then from other local schools transfer to mcmahon for the program and play bball there. a kid from greenwhich did this not to long ago.

Got it now... I told ya - most days I can track, occassionally you throw me for a loop.

Reaction Score

But you're acting as if the kids are being solely brought in as hired guns. Most of the time they come in at the start of their freshman year, and it's for academics.

New Canaan has a program that bring in a few kids each year from Brooklyn and the Bronx, but they're all there because of academics first and then some just happen to be good at sports.

Most CT public schools dwarf those DMV public schools when it comes to academic prestige.

Reaction Score
Who are all these kids that come up from the DC area to play basketball in Southeastern CT.? You were clearly wrong about Kris Dunn, I think Allan Chaney might have moved to New London from Baltimore in 8th grade, is that the pipeline you're talking about?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
NFA's coach Jamal Davis played at UConn, and I am sure would have supported P in recruiting. So i would surmise that if UConn had a shot at Outlaw, they would have offered. Can't see us out recruiting Nick Saban yet. But, if we are a B1G program, ......

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i realize its a long shot. but by not offering you are giving off the impression to every other local kid that u dont view yourself as big time. are we going to beat out the secc plus texas oregon and usc for him? no, but the other local kid who has a couple good offers and uconn will now look at uconn as anot to par offer based on how they didn't bother offfering outlow. its a perception thing...

Reaction Score
i realize its a long shot. but by not offering you are giving off the impression to every other local kid that u dont view yourself as big time. are we going to beat out the secc plus texas oregon and usc for him? no, but the other local kid who has a couple good offers and uconn will now look at uconn as anot to par offer based on how they didn't bother offfering outlow. its a perception thing...

But you would agree that you can't offer ever CT kid who gets positive press? What does concern me is how much goes on behind the scenes by the UConn coaches in this area that ARE positive but don't get the press/ public story telling.

Reaction Score
I here ya. You have to offer the kid and make it known he has an offer (while the school can't publicly comment on this, there are ways to get it out there). This was Rutgers philosophy. Offer and keep offering, eventually someone says yes. From there build on it.

pj

Reaction Score
You should offer every kid who will improve the team. I don't know why they don't offer every 5* and good 4* in the country. It costs nothing. Even if they tell you I'm not interested, don't call me, you can still give them an offer and not call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom