NextGen housing - SCHOLA2RS House controvesy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NextGen housing - SCHOLA2RS House controvesy

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There are so many legitimate reasons to criticize Palatine, I don't understand why some of you pick this post. The doesnt seem that misleading to me.

As for the, "dorm" ... If I went to a college with very few people like me, I'd want to live nearer to people like me, if that were an option.

On a small scale, which seems to be what they're doing, it sounds like a fine idea. It's voluntary.

At the very least, I think we can all agree the name is stupid - ScHOLA2RS?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are so many legitimate reasons to criticize Palatine, I don't understand why some of you pick this post. The doesnt seem that misleading to me.

As for the, "dorm" ... If I went to a college with very few people like me, I'd want to live nearer to people like me, if that were an option.

On a small scale, which seems to be what they're doing, it sounds like a fine idea. It's voluntary.

Yeah just depends if you think dorm equals small section in giant dorm.

Reaction Score

They are not picking on me. They are incapable of that.

They are just avoiding the issue because their political correct sensitivity doesn't allow them to discuss it as adults. It scares them. They don't know what to think.

This is not trolling, only the moronic think that. This is actually one of the most interesting developments on the campus in a while. There are many sides to it. It's complex.There is no doubt this is pro segregation. But is self-selected segregation okay? When you believe in moral relativism this is the path you walk.

I see it as the typical outcome of liberal pretzel logic.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They are not picking on me. They are incapable of that.

They are just avoiding the issue because their political correct sensitivity doesn't allow them to discuss it as adults. It scares them. They don't know what to think.

This is not trolling, only the moronic think that. This is actually one of the most interesting developments on the campus in a while. There are many sides to it. It's complex.There is no doubt this is pro segregation. But is self-selected segregation okay? When you believe in moral relativism this is the path you walk.

I see it as the typical outcome of liberal pretzel logic.

Only where they sleep is "self segregated," and there are other similar groups - women in engineering, etc.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The guy who started the converation by claiming that 'liberal' thinking has you wearing your underwear as a hat is claiming that he is trying to discuss the topic as an adult.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

This is what you get when you argue with an elderly person who gained his insight on the world from a television show about a spaceship.

Reaction Score
The guy who started the converation by claiming that 'liberal' thinking has you wearing your underwear as a hat is claiming that he is trying to discuss the topic as an adult.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

This is what you get when you argue with an elderly person who gained his insight on the world from a television show about a spaceship.

Yeah, because it is liberal thinking that gets into these issues in such a backwards way. If there is an achievement gap between black male and white male students, bringing back segregation is not the way to address it.

Reaction Score
If a Caucasian asked for a Caucasian only dorm, he would be labeled a racist, but a black only dorm? That is fine...what's next - a Transgendered only dorm?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Members of Civil Rights Group Criticize UConn's African-American Housing

http://www.ctpost.com/apple-busines...il-Rights-group-criticize-UConn-s-6983511.php

"Earlier this year, the University of Connecticut has made a controversial move by introducing housing targeted toward African-American males at its Storrs campus.

Now, the housing community has caught the attention of the founders of the New American Civil Rights Project and members of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Gail Heriot and Peter Kirsanow. The two have asked the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education to look into the legality of the dorm.

Members of the group say the dorm is "promoting the 'ghettoization of Black males on campus. Not only that, they say the practice of segregating students in this way is a violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits race discrimination on the basis of race at federally-funded universities," Education Dive reports."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom