Next Year's Schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next Year's Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is true, but our SOS would remain the same.
Our SOS was 48. Not that bad, honestly. NCSOS was 115. Not great, but not that bad, either. And, actually, it would change a bit because you replace Gonzaga with A&M.

Reaction Score
Or maybe the season ticket holders could not be such prima donnas and be grateful that they can afford to see UConn play in person so many times.

If I'm spending over 500 a year on tickets, you damn well better believe I want a few big games on the schedule. If I have to pay full price for every game (including the exhibition), there needs to be something to look forward to on the schedule.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
you need to walk a mile in season ticket holder's shoes before making statements.

No, I don't. For what it's worth, my family had season tickets for over 25 years dating back to the Dee Rowe era. We were giving money to athletics while half of the board was was too young to care about UConn basketball. So if you agree with the ridiculous notion that discussing these issues is for the current member of the good old boys club only, think again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, I don't. For what it's worth, my family had season tickets for over 25 years dating back to the Dee Rowe era. We were giving money to athletics while half of the board was was too young to care about UConn basketball. So if you agree with the ridiculous notion that discussing these issues is for the current member of the good old boys club only, think again.
Cool, my family has been UConn Club members/Season ticket holders for over 50 years. We all complain that the home schedule has been getting progressively worse for years, to the point that it's not appealing for my brother and I to travel home to go to a game with my dad except for one or two options per year, if that. My dad gave up his tickets after we moved away partially because we weren't there anymore, but also because we had no interest in driving home on a weekend to go see Maine, Central, and Sacred Heart. The argument is still quite valid.

C

Chief00

This class warfare stuff is a turnoff and unnecessary. We just want to see a few good competitive games for our enjoyment - there has been a growing trend that the best games are neutral court games. The current conference by itself doesn't generate enough of good home games by itself. Looking at the strength of the home game schedule needs to be one of the lenses that the schedule makers need to view the schedule - it doesn't seem they give that view enough of respect.
I am not spoiled new money as you suggest - I have been a season ticket holder and donor for 26 years. Both Gampel and XL. Before that I attended games regularly too.

Reaction Score
My family has had season tickets for 35 years and would like to see better games at home. But we will always renew no matter the schedule and donate the same amount. Same goes with football.

To get others interested again and buying season tickets they have to schedule better teams and have better home and homes. On top of scheduling home and homes with Arizona and OSU they should try to get a team like Kentucky or UNC. That would help them sell mini-plans/season tickets. When UConn football played Michigan in football, they sold tons of season tickets because people wanted the one game.

Reaction Score

I'm a consumer of sports, and the product gets worse and worse every passing year with this godawful conference slate mixed with these dreg OOC games (albeit with some tasty OOC games mixed in). It's my dollars, therefore my right to demand something better. And I bleed blue and have been going to these games since the Field House days, and I'm an alumni to boot. And as far as being "grateful to afford" these tickets, these tickets are NOT cheap. It's not like they are $10 tickets my friend. I don't make all kinds of dough, so this budget line-item (along with football) is a big deal in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom