Next years proposed schedule | The Boneyard

Next years proposed schedule

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
For all the UCONN critics who want to discredit the streaks and success this team has obtain playing in the "lowly" AAC a non Power Five conference, (as if that really made any difference) next year let us apply for an exemption from conference play to allow UCONN to schedule all the teams who are ranked in the top 25, I am quite sure Geno will read this post and agree to my wishes, since he has also made remarks along the lines of not being restricted by being in a conference

I think this would be awesome especially with all the talent next years team will inherit, how exciting would that be from week to week? If only it were possible, SIGH!! make it happen NCAA:cool:

Reaction Score
All the teams that were ringing Geno's cell phone to play UCONN are running for the hills, now........UCONN will be bringing the Calvary and the Circus to town next season, Lookout, SC, TX, UCLA, MSU and all the other teams in preseason tournaments.....Think about this, Geno will have month this summer with all the new players and the remaining players plus the 2 transfers..........OMG!!! Let the detractors start their crying, NOW...........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would imagine that the first few UConn pre-conference games of the season will be aired by ESPN, as anyone interested in WCBB will want to see the new and improved UConn Huskies for the 2017-2018 season. I would imagine that a number of stories and articles will be written about UConn over the summer, that will peak the interest of those that follow WCBB. They'll want to get a first hand look at Geno's new team, to see just how formidable they are.

Reaction Score
"New and improved UConn Huskies" indeed! Has a nice ring to it - conjures up thoughts of chef Geno in his basketball kitchen playing with some new ingredients for his next basketball masterpiece.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Next year's team will probably, indeed, be "better", but there will never be a team more lovable or praiseworthy than this one. Seldom have so few done so much for so many!

Reaction Score
Next year's team will probably, indeed, be "better", but there will never be a team more lovable or praiseworthy than this one. Seldom have so few done so much for so many.

I can only agree that for the drama of it, this phenomenal year (to date) eclipses all the past recent seasons. No matter what the remaining excitement, wins or losses, this team will keep their special aura of living on the edge, reaching greatness beyond all the odds.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would imagine that the first few UConn pre-conference games of the season will be aired by ESPN, as anyone interested in WCBB will want to see the new and improved UConn Huskies for the 2017-2018 season. I would imagine that a number of stories and articles will be written about UConn over the summer, that will peak the interest of those that follow WCBB. They'll want to get a first hand look at Geno's new team, to see just how formidable they are.
You forgot to mention the 5000 posts on the BY attempting to pin down the starting 5, substitution patterns and whether Kia will wear her hair in a bun or ponytails. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the Exhibition Games for 2017-18 have been scheduled? I'd love to see the Huskies host DII Ashland University. Ashland is undefeated this season and ranked #1 in the polls. They only lost by nine in an exhibition at Ohio State to begin this current season. Ashland loses two players after this year, but they're very deep and should be as good next season.

Ashland won the DII Championship in 2013. They're definitely better than the the DII teams that UCONN has played in recent years. Of course the Huskies would mop the floor with them, but the opportunity to play the best would be a nice, and well-deserved, reward for this excellent DII program.

Reaction Score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, we still have #5 in a row to win...
Ah, what the "heck" next years team could be the BEST WOMEN"S BASKETBALL TEAM of ALL TIME!!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention the 5000 posts on the BY attempting to pin down the starting 5, substitution patterns and whether Kia will wear her hair in a bun or ponytails. :rolleyes:

You're right OD. I'm losing more and more brain cells everyday. I'm typing as fast as I can, because I don't know how much longer my comments/posts will remain lucid. Thanks for having my back. I'm an oldude too. Us oldudes have to stick together. I'm closer to 70 than I am to 60. My greatest fear is that one day, I log on to the yard, and forget why. :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
All the teams that were ringing Geno's cell phone to play UCONN are running for the hills, now...UCONN will be bringing the Calvary and the Circus to town next season, Lookout, SC, TX, UCLA, MSU and all the other teams in preseason tournaments.....Think about this, Geno will have month this summer with all the new players and the remaining players plus the 2 transfers.....OMG!!! Let the detractors start their crying, NOW......

You're right about the circus. Remember when Tim Tebow signed with the Jets a few years ago, and the "circus" atmosphere that prevailed at practice everyday?
THAT was a media circus. UConn is usually is the BIGGEST game on every one of their opponent's schedule. Except for teams in the AAC, where UConn comes to town once a year, it's not everyday that the #1 team in the country comes to YOUR arena for a game. When they come to Pauly Pavilion (UCLA) next season, I can almost guarantee a sellout. Even folks that are not UCLA or UConn fans will be there. Expect extra local electronic and print media to cover the game as well.

I hope SNY covers the game. I'd like to meet Meghan Culmo and Eric Frede in person. The last time the Huskies came to California (UC Davis/Stanford) was November 2014. I attended both games. That was the first time I got to see our girls in person. There are a lot of UConn fans in the golden state, and on the west coast. There will be a lot of folks wearing UConn gear in the stands for BOTH games. There is no way UConn is playing a game anywhere in California, and I don't go. When UConn comes west, it's a very BIG deal!!! :D

I can't remember the last time (if ever), UConn came to Southern California for a game. They usually play teams in the northern part of the state (UC Davis, Stanford, Pacific). Nirvana for me would be for UConn and UCLA to sign an 8 year home & home contract. When I watch a game on TV, and see all of those lucky fans that get to attend the game in person, I'm a little envious. I wish I was there among them. Watching a game in Gampel and the XL Center is on my short bucket list.

Reaction Score
IMO - I have a a better solution. Put us in a power conference. Then no one needs to do any other figuring.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the Exhibition Games for 2017-18 have been scheduled? I'd love to see the Huskies host DII Ashland University. Ashland is undefeated this season and ranked #1 in the polls. They only lost by nine in an exhibition at Ohio State to begin this current season. Ashland loses two players after this year, but they're very deep and should be as good next season.
I personally would love to see Geno schedule Maryland and South Carolina for exhibition games next season, it's only fitting, no disrespect to Ashland :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, we still have #5 in a row to win...
Ah, what the "heck" next years team could be the BEST WOMEN"S BASKETBALL TEAM of ALL TIME!!!

I've read a lot of articles and stories written by people that are recognized as pundits of WCBB. They ALL say the same thing. As you suggest, next year's team could very well be the best team Geno has ever had. The Huskies have got to be the preseason #1 team to begin the season. People that have been to practice, and saw for themselves, say that the best player on UConn's team is not playing this year. The word is Azura' Stevens had already begun to "morph" into a completely different player. One that will give their opponents nightmares. She's already been broken down by the staff, the build up has begun. She's been referred to as a "beast" in practice.....on both ends of the court. Yea!!!

Don't discount Batouly Camara. She will make her presence known too. I expect her to make teams go away with a bad taste in their mouths as well. Then you have the 4 highly touted freshmen, ALL of whom are 5 star players (per ESPN Hoopgurlz). Everyone of them a potential starter at some point in the next 4 years. Oh, we haven't even mentioned the 4 returning starters coming back. An embarrassment of riches is what Geno and staff will have to deal with next year. I know he will soon tire of the same monotonous questions he will get during media conferences about the talent level and expectations of that team. Oh well, C'est la vie. :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Ashland won the DII Championship in 2013. They're definitely better than the the DII teams that UCONN has played in recent years. Of course the Huskies would mop the floor with them, but the opportunity to play the best would be a nice, and well-deserved, reward for this excellent DII program.
Kind of tough to beat Lubbock Christian whom they played 11/15. They were already a top ranked Div 2 team when they played. Lubbock went on the go undefeated and win the D2 championship in 2016.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I personally would love to see Geno schedule Maryland and South Carolina for exhibition games next season, it's only fitting, no disrespect to Ashland :cool:
Never happen. Unfortunately by NCAA rules, never will.

JordyG

Reaction Score
You're right OD. I'm losing more and more brain cells everyday. I'm typing as fast as I can, because I don't know how much longer my comments/posts will remain lucid. Thanks for having my back. I'm an oldude too. Us oldudes have to stick together. I'm closer to 70 than I am to 60. My greatest fear is that one day, I log on to the yard, and forget why. :eek:
My greatest fear is forgetting The Boneyard and referring to Geno as "What's his name".

LADan

Have seen UConn beat Zags twice to get to Final 4
Reaction Score
You're right about the circus. Remember when Tim Tebow signed with the Jets a few years ago, and the "circus" atmosphere that prevailed at practice everyday?
THAT was a media circus. UConn is usually is the BIGGEST game on every one of their opponent's schedule. Except for teams in the AAC, where UConn comes to town once a year, it's not everyday that the #1 team in the country comes to YOUR arena for a game. When they come to Pauly Pavilion (UCLA) next season, I can almost guarantee a sellout. Even folks that are not UCLA or UConn fans will be there. Expect extra local electronic and print media to cover the game as well.

I hope SNY covers the game. I'd like to meet Meghan Culmo and Eric Frede in person. The last time the Huskies came to California (UC Davis/Stanford) was November 2014. I attended both games. That was the first time I got to see our girls in person. There are a lot of UConn fans in the golden state, and on the west coast. There will be a lot of folks wearing UConn gear in the stands for BOTH games. There is no way UConn is playing a game anywhere in California, and I don't go. When UConn comes west, it's a very BIG deal!!! :D

I can't remember the last time (if ever), UConn came to Southern California for a game. They usually play teams in the northern part of the state (UC Davis, Stanford, Pacific). Nirvana for me would be for UConn and UCLA to sign an 8 year home & home contract. When I watch a game on TV, and see all of those lucky fans that get to attend the game in person, I'm a little envious. I wish I was there among them. Watching a game in Gampel and the XL Center is on my short bucket list.

I believe the UConn women last played at Pauley during the 97-98 season, or thereabouts. I have a memory bringing my young family to that game that wasn't close to a sellout. UCLA has upped its game since then but so have the Huskies.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I believe the UConn women last played at Pauley during the 97-98 season, or thereabouts. I have a memory bringing my young family to that game that wasn't close to a sellout. UCLA has upped its game since then but so have the Huskies.

Welcome to the yard LADan. It's always nice to have a new poster join us. I've only been a ardent UConn fan since 2008. My work schedule would not have permitted me to attend anyway.
1997-1998, that 's 20 years ago. That's too long between visits to So Cal.

Reaction Score

And do you all remember that we got the starting line-up for this year's team entirely wrong? I think most had assumed that Butler would start, as would Dangerfield. Surprise!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And do you all remember that we got the starting line-up for this year's team entirely wrong? I think most had assumed that Butler would start, as would Dangerfield. Surprise!
I don't know about "most" assuming that Butler & Danger would start. I personally felt Danger would work her way into the starting lineup eventually, but I never envisioned that Nat would be more than a solid reserve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom