Next Year's OLine and DLine | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Year's OLine and DLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of our O lineman don't need to add weight they just need to get stronger and quicker. Levy doesn't need to get any bigger, Rugg is listed at 301 and Gifford is 6'5' and 296 which is the size Will Beatty was at if I recall correctly. Maybe a different training method emphasizing strength, mobility and flexibility. Lot's of room for improvement but plenty of time to do it. On D we have 3 DT's with alot of experience. The D end spot is the most troubling. BJ McBryde and Frank got some time but we really could use an impact player here. Does Norris get bounced back to D? With all the good QB's in conference this position is a big need.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Unless the new coach brings in some dynamite high school OL talent, I bet they'll be scoping out the juco ranks for one or two battle-tested bodies.

Reaction Score
If he sticks to his commitment and arrives in January, Wright may be an option at tackle. A PG season at Milford is similar in development to a JuCo or RS Fr year.

Reaction Score
The last two games Kenton Adeyemi was in the rotation. Looked good too as far as he wasn't overwhelmed out there. Definitely looks the part. McBride looked bigger, more muscular than Stephen last game. Knappe is too big and too athletic to not carve out niche somewhere. If you saw the spring game you know what I'm talking about. Maybe they convert him to LT.

Reaction Score
DL is interesting next year. Two years ago we had several dynamic, speedy edge rushers(trevardo/Joseph/Sio). This year we CLEARLY struggled to generate any pressure from our front 4 as we had several big, strong, plodding DE's(Willman/Joseph*post*injury/McBride/Pruitt). At the same time, we have some real athleticism at the position with young guys Jalen Stevens, Stapleton, and Ormsby.
here's how I think it shapes up:

SDE: Reuben Frank, BJ McBryde
- with a year under his belt I think we feel the wrath of Reuben next year. Kid is big, strong, aggressive.
WDE: Ormsby, Stevens - Loved his tape coming into the program, and I think he brings big rangy athleticism to the field
DT1: Campenni, Knappe - Strong as an OX at the point of attack
DT2: Pruitt, Myers - Pruitt and Myers both flashed some pass-rushing skills on the interior. Would not be shocked to see both playing major snaps.

McBryde's 6'5 300 plus lbs.. He'll be playing inside (as he did the last several) weeks.. Pruitt's been at DE first then played DT on passing downs .. Hopefully Ormsby and/or Stevens can crack the 2 deep at WDE next year, but right now I see:

SDE: Pruitt. Adeyemi
DT1: Campenni, Myars
DT2: McBryde, potentially Knappe backing him up
WDE: Frank, followed by Ormsby/Stevens

Reaction Score
If he sticks to his commitment and arrives in January, Wright may be an option at tackle. A PG season at Milford is similar in development to a JuCo or RS Fr year.

Once our HC is in place, hope he gets his butt up to Milford Academy asap to keep the kids we stashed up there a part of the program.

Reaction Score
Once our HC is in place, hope he gets his butt up to Milford Academy asap to keep the kids we stashed up there a part of the program.

NHRJimFuller9:51am via TweetDeck
According to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick, Jamar Summers and Chasz Wright still committed to #UConn
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/milford-academy-duo-still-committed-to.html

>>...when I spoke to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick last night he said that both Summers, a cornerback from Orange, N.J., and Wright, an offensive tackle from Woodbridge, Va., are firmly committed to UConn and both intend to be enrolled when the spring semester at UConn begins on Jan. 21.<<

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller9:51am via TweetDeck
According to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick, Jamar Summers and Chasz Wright still committed to #UConn
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/milford-academy-duo-still-committed-to.html

>>...when I spoke to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick last night he said that both Summers, a cornerback from Orange, N.J., and Wright, an offensive tackle from Woodbridge, Va., are firmly committed to UConn and both intend to be enrolled when the spring semester at UConn begins on Jan. 21.<<

another benefit of winning the last three, it probably rejuvenates our recruiting prospects. I wonder if Fuchs is regretting his decision after seeing the birth of our Air Casey passing attack. Every pass to Davis is above his head to take advantage of his height, Fuchs could have done the same thing.

TJ did a good job holding the class together, losing just one prospect is a job well done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate