Next year? | The Boneyard

Next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
long time men and women's fan just neve posted here.

I don't really follow women's recruiting,I just expect them to be contenders every year.so my question is how's next year looking?

Reaction Score
long time men and women's fan just neve posted here.

I don't really follow women's recruiting,I just expect them to be contenders every year.so my question is how's next year looking?
Looking real GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
4 returning starters, plus the #1 national recruit, another recruit who may be better than the #1, and a 6'5" transfer center who was Big East Freshman of the Year before taking her transfer year off and practicing with the the UCONN team all last season.

Reaction Score
Triad, your dry sense of humor is appreciated here. Your a good sport about your posts. I hope Coach P doesn't force you to rely too heavily on being able to laugh through the pain. When we've had the talent (and year after year you have good talent down there) and haven't won I find little to laugh about. (like after Maya's bookend years).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Looking real GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
4 returning starters, plus the #1 national recruit, another recruit who may be better than the #1, and a 6'5" transfer center who was Big East Freshman of the Year before taking her transfer year off and practicing with the the UCONN team all last season.

Sometimes Brevity is the soul of Wit. Game of the season may be SC in their gym ... they's counting on home cooking to bring them fame!

PS. You can't teach big ... but you also can't teach fast!

Reaction Score
Java, If Triad didn't mean it as humor than his comment is just plain sad. Someone else may win it all next year, but nationally nobody is thinking that we won't be the ones cheering as the class of '16 holds up there fourth straight trophy.

Reaction Score
Java, If Triad didn't mean it as humor than his comment is just plain sad. Someone else may win it all next year, but nationally nobody is thinking that we won't be the ones cheering as the class of '16 holds up there fourth straight trophy.
Hear Hear!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Next year, Geno will have coached his teams to as many championships in WCBB as Phil Jackson has in the NBA. Phil couldn't win without Michael Jeffrey Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaq O'neal, and Kobie Bryant. Geno couldn't win without Rebecca Lobo, Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, and Breanna Stewart. Clearly a couple of overrated hacks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In terms of the OP, I don't want to mess with the mojo, but UConn against the field might be a smart bet. They are, quite simply, the best team in sports.

Reaction Score
And Secretariat was an ok horse. :)
Close to 42 years ago when Secretariat decimated the field at the Belmont was one of the most powerful sports moments I have ever witnessed. I can't remember too many other times when I was quite that overcome by emotion! The calling of that race, particularly the latter part, was something I'll remember forever! I'm not even that much of a horse racing fan but what was accomplished that day is seared into my memory forever!!!!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, your dry sense of humor is appreciated here. Your a good sport about your posts. I hope Coach P doesn't force you to rely too heavily on being able to laugh through the pain. When we've had the talent (and year after year you have good talent down there) and haven't won I find little to laugh about. (like after Maya's bookend years).

Im a realist.... I realize Coach P wont take us to the promised land despite the talent that lands in Durham. Frustrating and disheartening? Yes..... but the continued success of our Men's basketball program... and our rise in football under Coach Cut... makes the relative lack of sucess in WCBB a bit more palatable. Plus things could be worse... I could be a fan of VPI or Clemson WCBB...... now THAT would be painful :oops:

And Secretariat was an ok horse. :)

So I've heard ;) I was a mere toddler when he was was winning the Triple crown.

Reaction Score
Triad we've all got a team we suffer with, but for us, for now, it's not in WCBB. Maybe the enthusiasm that is shown hear on the BY reflects that. Around here if you're a Knick, Met, or Islander fan it's been a while since your teams have been relevant. If your a Red Sox, Bruin, Yankee, Ranger, Giant, Celtic fan there has been recent pain over lost opportunities, and the teams that "might have done it". (All of those teams, save the Blue Shirts, have celebrated championships lately)

Duke Women's Basketball falls in the latter category; talented, often exiting, but never anymore than close. Last season's South Carolina game says it all. It was right there in your grasp, but........

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Close to 42 years ago when Secretariat decimated the field at the Belmont was one of the most powerful sports moments I have ever witnessed. I can't remember too many other times when I was quite that overcome by emotion! The calling of that race, particularly the latter part, was something I'll remember forever! I'm not even that much of a horse racing fan but what was accomplished that day is seared into my memory forever!!!!!!!
Here's a nice piece on that day.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here's a nice piece on that day.

Of all the things I have witnessed in sports or have occurred over my life time, this wonderful horse's triple crown and the insanely surreal performance in the Belmont stand head and shoulders above all the rest of it. The clip with those top racing guys of the era captures that nicely.

Reaction Score
While Secretariat won the triple crown, the horse that finished 6th (i think) ended up a better race horse if we judge an entire career. I speak of Forego, IMO the greatest handicap champion of all time. Secretariat raced in an era when outstanding horses were syndicated very early in their careers, stopped racing and focussed on siring offspring. There was a huge tax benefit then involving limited partnerships. It was great for deep pocketed investors but ruined racing.

While Secretariat spent his best years servicing mares, Forego proved to be a true champion, winning 6 furlong sprints (3/4 of a mile) to mile and a half marathons, all while carrying weights that gave his opponents as much as 20 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom