Next year | The Boneyard

Next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wait, you mean you don't think a highly-rated freshman PG can meet the level of an all-time UConn PG? How absurd.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
we lose one player, bringing in a very good recruiting class, and gained a year of experience that they're not going to want to repeat again... we have 6-7 very good ooc games as well

Reaction Score
we lose one player, bringing in a very good recruiting class, and gained a year of experience that they're not going to want to repeat again... we have 6-7 very good ooc games as well
Nah, Boatright this year was the equivilant of 3 players. At least capitalize, bold, italic and underline the word 'one'.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
To re-iterate: I think Jalen will be great, but he will not be as good as Boat is right now, ergo, it's impossible to predict the team will be better next year.

Reaction Score
It's not guaranteed, but I can see it happening.

We know that Hamilton, Purvis and Brimah can all give us outstanding games. They each just have to do it on a much, much more consistent basis.

We know that Nolan and Samule are able to be material contributors to a top level team BECAUSE THEY HAVE DONE IT. No, neither gave us this year what I thought they could, but all the yelling that they are not Division 1 players when they each contributed to their rings is just stupid.

Omar, at the least, is capable of being an off the bench scorer. And hopefully the frosh, and Facey, and maybe even Cassell and Lubin, can give us something.

There is enough raw talent. The pieces have to get much, much more consistent individually, and the team chemistry has to be much, much better. But it's not as if we don't have the pieces to find a team with a few stars and competent role players around them.

Reaction Score
While I still think this team, from a talent standpoint, is one of the worst, if not the worst that I can remember in quite some time, I think it's pretty obvious that they've underperformed relative to their talent. If guys make incremental improvements and they fix whatever it is in the air with respect to chemistry, effort, awareness, focus then a bunch of Ls this season can be Ws next year. I don't think they're going to be Duke or Kentucky or on anyone besides Scrappy's short list to get to the Final Four, but they can be a tournament team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom