Next Year UConn to Play Mich St & Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Year UConn to Play Mich St & Oregon

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think that's the thinking involved. Two games, two big draws, vs. one with an enormous draw and one without much at all. Oregon and Michigan State also had a game in Eugene this year (Oregon actually won by 30 points or so) and (I assume) will have one in East Lansing next fall. (There will also be a three-day men's bb version of the celebration in Portland Thursday-Saturday of the same week.)

It is a very nice arena and Eugene is easy to get around. Lodging may be tight, however, since there's a football game on the 24th.

I assumed the games were in Portland.... but I guess it does make sense now. Now im curious as to why Oklahoma and Michigan State got invited. Im trying to think of relevant Nike WCBB schools.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I'm hoping I can go. I have a niece in Portland I'd like to visit, and it would be a great way to knock Oregon off my list of states not travelled to.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They can hang with one of the original Badasses, Caroline Doty.

Reaction Score
I guess it's just a coincidence that all 4 teams wear Nike gear. ;)

As you know OD, Oregon is NIKE country. In Portland (where I lived for a time), the basketball courts in public parks, for example, are made from recycled sneakers donated by guess whom? They're really pretty neat, all ground up and melted down, with (it seems) an especially lively bounce. As in "Portlandia," folks out there are very environmentally conscious. The only thing they haven't figured out how to recycle is sweat. (Working on it.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
W1K2009C019.jpg

Caroline was intense whether she was playing or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom