Next Year UConn to Play Mich St & Oregon | The Boneyard

Next Year UConn to Play Mich St & Oregon

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I guess it's just a coincidence that all 4 teams wear Nike gear. ;)

Reaction Score
So reading the announcement, do you think they play mich st only? Or a a possible 2nd game against the winner of the other game?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I will be there. It looks like it is the Saturday after Thanksgivng.

Dont forget to stop at VooDoo Donuts!!

Didnt someone mention that UConn was playing UCLA next season in LA?

If so, I guess that game is a few days before Thanksgiving or a few days after. Cant believe you make 2 trips out west.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Its a double header Oregon plays Oklahoma and UConn plays Mich St.

Have to believe Oregon decided not to play UConn. They had an opportunity to play the best and they didn't take it. Which game would their fans want to see UConn vs Oregon or Oklahoma vs Oregon? We know the Answer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Too bad. If the Huskies played the Ducks we could have seen a matchup of triple-doubles with Gabby(1) vs Ionescu (3), probably guarding each other since the Huskies will have some size next season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I will be there. It looks like it is the Saturday after Thanksgivng. Dont forget to stop at VooDoo Donuts!! Didnt someone mention that UConn was playing UCLA next season in LA? If so, I guess that game is a few days before Thanksgiving or a few days after. Cant believe you make 2 trips out west.

OCHoops, I think I'll join you. Oregon is a lot closer (and cheaper) to So Cal than Ct. Carl just tweeted that the Huskies will also play UCLA while they're out here....cool. That one is in our backyard. There are a lot of UConn fans in Southern California. :cool:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A lot of talented girls HS bball players on the West Coast. Could there be a few at the games as the Beasts from the East pass on through? :)

Reaction Score
Why not make it a two-day event and have UConn play Oregon and Oklahoma play Michigan St? As long as they're going to travel that far, they might as well make the trip worthwhile, and there would be two days of high-level basketball.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So we've got Texas and UCLA on the road, and the road game for Kia Nurse that I'm drawing a blank on plus Michigan State in Oregon, and Louisville at home. Are the ND and SC series still in effect? Another game with Dayton too I believe.

Reaction Score
Have to believe Oregon decided not to play UConn.

And you're basing this on what?

Suppose Nike wanted to sponsor a 2-game event. Given that, it would be natural for Oregon to be in 1 game and a marquee national name in the other.

Reaction Score
Why not make it a two-day event and have UConn play Oregon and Oklahoma play Michigan St? As long as they're going to travel that far, they might as well make the trip worthwhile, and there would be two days of high-level basketball.

UConn is already playing at UCLA on the trip. I'm sure Geno had no interest in 3 games.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno is looking to schedule a game in Nevada for Gabby or has that been announced yet? Thanks.

Nothing announced. And with one west coast trip planned, I would bet against a Gabby home game.
The only school nearby is University of Nevada. Next closest (Sacramento St) is 2+ hours away.

Eugene OR is ~7 hours from Sparks, so I'm sure she'll have family there.

Reaction Score
Jet lag always a problem. Probably the reason why they lost their last game- to Stanford in CA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And you're basing this on what?

Suppose Nike wanted to sponsor a 2-game event. Given that, it would be natural for Oregon to be in 1 game and a marquee national name in the other.

You mean a Michigan State vs Oklahoma WCBB game wouldnt appeal to fans in Portland? :rolleyes:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
You mean a Michigan State vs Oklahoma WCBB game wouldnt appeal to fans in Portland? :rolleyes:

I think that's the thinking involved. Two games, two big draws, vs. one with an enormous draw and one without much at all. Oregon and Michigan State also had a game in Eugene this year (Oregon actually won by 30 points or so) and (I assume) will have one in East Lansing next fall. (There will also be a three-day men's bb version of the celebration in Portland Thursday-Saturday of the same week.)

It is a very nice arena and Eugene is easy to get around. Lodging may be tight, however, since there's a football game on the 24th.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
We're in!!!

Went there 3-4 years ago when they played Oregon on New Years Day (or was it New Years Eve Day). Fabulous arena... Took a 3 day trip afterwards up the coastline, ate west coast oysters all the way up to Astoria... Great food and boutique beers . Coffee was fabulous also... They make a good cupa Joe out there... Never saw drive thru espresso joints before...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom