Next Year: CPTV vs SNY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Year: CPTV vs SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Believe on SNY priority goes to NY and NJ teams as well as to men's games. Rutger's women played the other night but it was a men's game that was broadcast. Think we will be left out of some broadcasts, speculation, of course.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My loyalty goes to fellow Boneyarder, Harriet Unger and CPTV. For me, this is a no-brainer.

(Who from SNY will pick up a comment here on the Boneyard about Lauren being called Laura or some similar quirk by a broadcaster?)

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
There is no question that cutting off CPTV is the worst move for Connecticut women's basketball that I could ever imagine!

I implore the people who are in a position to make this decision to consider the "branding" that has been established over the years - UCONN WBB is synonymous with public television in our state and thanks to Hoopstreams, around the world.

If the UCONN Foundation can contribute $$ to the expenses of the Governor to attend the World Economic Forum, if I am correct on this, surely UCONN WBB and Hoopstreams - the home of the Olympic WBB coarch and 7 of 21 members of the next-to-final-cut of our 2012 Olympic team, should be allowed to flourish in a non-commericial environment.

Reaction Score
I would prefer that CPTV keep the contract over SNY. However, I would prefer all public TV do away with the fundraising campaigns and go completely commercial. Truth that CPTV does have ads now. They simply aren't the same ones as commercial TV. If the extended spots for their sponsoring hosts like BigY aren't commercials what are they. I would change the team of Bob and Mghan to Eric and Meghan to refocus the coverage onto the actual play by play and keep the other stuff in the Geno Show.
How about we take a poll and pick the cameramen and all. As long as we can choose and pick, why not.Boy, are we spoiled !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How about we take a poll and pick the cameramen and all. As long as we can choose and pick, why not.Boy, are we spoiled !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do like the one guy's camera work quite a bit.

Spoiled maybe, but all products can be improved. The purpose of a thread like this is feedback. The number of people who feel aspects of CPTV's product is not insubstantial. But almost all want CPTV to succeed in keeping control over the production of UConn Women's basketball.

You may not like it that some of us voice opinions (complaints) about how the product can be improved but that's how life is, people often have different opinions . Marketing departments spend hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars on consumer surveys. Some of us offer our thoughts knowing that Harriet Unger and CPTV are aware of what is discussed here. It doesn't cost them a penny. Of course, that may be all its worth. If so, they can give us change for our two cents.

Reaction Score
I do like the one guy's camera work quite a bit.

Spoiled maybe, but all products can be improved. The purpose of a thread like this is feedback. The number of people who feel aspects of CPTV's product is not insubstantial. But almost all want CPTV to succeed in keeping control over the production of UConn Women's basketball.

You may not like it that some of us voice opinions (complaints) about how the product can be improved but that's how life is, people often have different opinions . Marketing departments spend hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars on consumer surveys. Some of us offer our thoughts knowing that Harriet Unger and CPTV are aware of what is discussed here. It doesn't cost them a penny. Of course, that may be all its worth. If so, they can give us change for our two cents.
I am not against people voicing their opinion, I just voiced mine but what I'm alluding to is the constant after every game moaning
about the announcers. I think those who feel that Picozzi and or Culmo are not that good, Harriet and the powers that be have heard
you and others and choose not to change anything. So be it

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think CPTV does a great job, but the benefits of going to a larger audience carrier are what they are. That's all.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am not against people voicing their opinion, I just voiced mine but what I'm alluding to is the constant after every game moaning
about the announcers. I think those who feel that Picozzi and or Culmo are not that good, Harriet and the powers that be have heard
Then simply don't read it. No one has any ability to force you to do so.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think CPTV does a great job, but the benefits of going to a larger audience carrier are what they are. That's all.
But there are also losses in doing that, too. People are questioning whether the trade off will be worth the losses.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Then simply don't read it. No one has any ability to force you to do so.
I actually think they have changed a lil bit... Eric has done a few games, they are calling the game better, Meg is provided replay points etc. BUT we can still use a lil more tweaking

Reaction Score
One word will settle who get the braodcasting rights---MONEY!

Reaction Score
My loyalty goes to fellow Boneyarder, Harriet Unger and CPTV. For me, this is a no-brainer.

(Who from SNY will pick up a comment here on the Boneyard about Lauren being called Laura or some similar quirk by a broadcaster?)
I agree. If you send an email to Harriet, you get an answer. Send one to SNY, and furrgit aboutit.

Reaction Score
Horn to horn, I don't think it matters all that much who is broadcasting the game. What I appreciate about CPTV is it's not "wham bam thank you ma'am" at the buzzer, and off to the next game. For instance, at the Mens game last night, at half time SNY had to immediately cut to the studio. I would have liked to see them honor Worthy Patterson and Bill Corley at half time...but no. CPTV would never miss one of our girls being inducted. On the plus side, Kara Lawson was good as the color analyst. she didn't feel like she had to talk every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom