Next year- backcourt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next year- backcourt

Reaction Score
I've seen this take from about a dozen posters tonight and I don't get it. Hurley has shown his teams have very little turnover, and that's including guys who haven't played. He's very open with the players on what to expect, so I don't really get the concern for why that would change
If Hurley doesn't start to find minutes for Diggins and Johnson it's going to limit the team's potential. The most talented players need to play. I really hope Hurley realizes this before it's too late.

Great program coach. Not so great at roster management and in game coaching. It is what it is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I alluded to some number crunching in the 3 Point thread. Thought I'd drop this chart over here so y'all would know what I was looking at when I suggested AJax might be preferable to Gaff running point in certain situations. This is our guard play (didn't include Hawkins) per 40 minutes, comparing the full season thus far to just the six games vs top 100 teams (of which Bonnies were at time we played them).

1639937104794.png

The one thing that's most evident is that there's no drop off in AJax's game vs better competition, in fact he gets more rebounds and has fewer TOs. Cole's drop off is in TOs, otherwise he's also solid. Gaff and Martin have played significantly worse vs better teams.

Small sample, but I think at the very least it shows AJax is maturing and playing under more control. Martin will have his senior leadership moments but drops off quite a bit, and Gaff's TO/A ratio drops by half and his inability to hit a trey hurts. At least he's getting to the line.

Reaction Score
Starting to wonder how he feels watching his teammates miss every jumper they take while he doesn’t even get a whiff of an opportunity.
This is what I see, people here are saying it’s coaching, which it’s not the greatest, but we missed EVERYTHING yesterday. That’s not coaching. We were off.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that we were recruiting over Gaffney by bringing in Diggins

Reaction Score
This is what I see, people here are saying it’s coaching, which it’s not the greatest, but we missed EVERYTHING yesterday. That’s not coaching. We were off.
The shooting sucks game after game, maybe make some adjustments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom