Next Year’s Coaching Staff | The Boneyard

Next Year’s Coaching Staff

Reaction Score
Is everyone back? If it’s the same particularly with Luke Murray back then I feel secure.

Reaction Score
Goin' nowhere.. They want to coach up #3 recruiting class and try to pull off a repeat.. Opportunities for these guys will be there on their own terms..

Reaction Score
As of right now yes, they're all back. From last week's media availability.

“This is what elite programs face. They face players leaving early for the NBA, they face players going through the draft process, maintaining eligibility. There’s usually major staff changes which, to this point, we’re fortunate to be intact there, but it’s a reality of being an elite program now, that’s where we’re at.”

Reaction Score
Happy that the staff will all be back next year (if that is the end result). But I think that will be the last year that statement applies. Kimani and Luke have earned their shot at a HC job

Reaction Score
I think it was Hurley who said on some podcast or media appearance.that all three assistants talked to other teams this offseason, but that they will all be back this year.

Then there was this.
KY/LM

(as long as that money doesn’t come through for a buy-out of some unwanted head coach)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope when Kimani gets his job we promote Moore to Associate HC. I know he probably doesn’t mind letting his young coaches shine, but he’s earned the right to sit next to Hurley on the bench some day.

Reaction Score
Fwiw I know that there is at least one assistant who has been on our radar if Kimani leaves. Another guy with big NYC connections.
Can we get a little bit more than this ?!?

Reaction Score
As much as it will hurt to lose Kimani Young, I hope he gets the chance soon to go run his own program. He has been an integral part of all aspects of our rebirth and eventual tirumphant return to the top of the NCAA championship mountain.

No one deserves the opportunity more. And after his performance in the Villanova home game last year after Dan got ejected I am not even sure how he hasn't been snatched away already. He has proven to be in the elite of the elite of Assistant head coaches. If I was a mid-major looking to catch lightning in a bottle I would have been all over him by now, and making the offer attractive enough that he would have had no choice but to take it.

Both he and Luke will deservedly and rightfully move on to run their own shows in the next couple of years... and we will send each off with the best of wishes, eager to root for whichever program they choose to run to build their own head coaching legacies.

As a side note... interesting how in just 2 years since Louisville let Luke go, what has happened to them, and what has happened in the meantime here. I guess what had started to happen there had nothing to do with him... but everything to do with their rotten-to-the-core cullture. He got away from that cesspool just in time. Great for him, and us!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom