Next week's rankings will be very challenging for the voters... | The Boneyard

Next week's rankings will be very challenging for the voters...

Reaction Score
How do you rank the teams next week? Notre Dame was 2, but UConn beat them on their home court, so hard to make them 1 (tho i think it's possible the voters may do so). So maybe Louisville as 1, but who is 2? Maryland is gone, having lost to a nobody (Rutgers). Everyone else of consequence has 1 loss.... do you rank Baylor ahead of UConn? Head to head, they won, but it was at home and they lost to Stanford. Oregon? their loss is way worse than UConn's, in my opinion. It's a genuine conundrum... will be very interesting to see how the voters go. My rankings, for now, would be Louisville, UConn, Notre Dame, Stanford (they beat Baylor), Baylor, Oregon, Miss St, NC State, Tenn. This is not how I actually see the teams, just how I think they should be ranked right now.

Reaction Score
I guess the real news with this question is it doesn't really matter in the 2nd week of January... (i.e., when the polls will be posted). :);)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't know but it would be hilarious if ND somehow dropped in the polls after the way they absolutely hammered Pitt tonight.

It's possible, though. I could see Baylor going to #1 and then UConn at #2 and ND at #3. I don't see Louisville jumping ahead, though.

Of course, ND v. Louisville is coming soon enough to shake up the polls once more.

Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame
2. Louisville
3. Baylor
4. UConn
5. Oregon
6. Stanford
7. Mississippi State
8. NC State
9. Tennessee
10. Maryland

Reaction Score
Its entirely possible that UConn keeps the top spot, but with the first-place votes, like MilfordHusky states, split between UConn, ND, Louisville & Baylor, the margin would be razor-thin. Notre Dame, in any case, won't drop below #2. Baylor returns to the Top 4.

In my experience, the basketball polls are less volatile after just one game, particularly between heavy-weights, than the football versions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor is not going to move from 8 to 1 in one week.
It'll be ND/Lou as #1 and likely UConn at 3. Logjam at 4-7. NC St to #8, with MD falling to 9.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I’m a Louisville fan, no way should we get it, or deserve it. Speaking in post season tongue, we don’t pass the eye test.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I dont see how you can put ND over UConn. UConn beat them pretty good on their home court!! Losing at Baylor is a "good" loss.

ND lost to UConn who lost to Baylor who lost to Stanford who lost to Gonzaga who lost to ND who lost to UConn...

a7Yyjg8.gif

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
They won't, but UConn should stay #1. Have played the toughest schedule and have the most impressive win and the least bad loss.

For me it's UConn, ND, Louisville (not for long), Baylor, Oregon, MSU, Stanford, NC State.

Reaction Score
I think it will be ND as the new #1, UConn at #2 and Louisville at #3. We meet Louisville at the end of the month that could shake things even more.

Reaction Score
They won't, but UConn should stay #1. Have played the toughest schedule and have the most impressive win and the least bad loss.

For me it's UConn, ND, Louisville (not for long), Baylor, Oregon, MSU, Stanford, NC State.
According to Massey. ND has the toughest SOS right now with UCONN 2nd toughest.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I dont see how you can put ND over UConn. UConn beat them pretty good on their home court!! Losing at Baylor is a "good" loss.

The loss happened a month ago and if you look at recent performances, Notre Dame looks very much like a #1 team and UCONN doesn't.

My prediction:
1. Notre Dame
2. Louisville
3. UCONN
4. Baylor
5. Oregon
6. Stanford
7. Mississippi State
8. NC State
9. Maryland
10. Tennessee

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The polls are notorious for recency bias. I'll be shocked if they keep UConn at #1. It'll be Notre Dame, then Louisville, then UConn or Baylor...

Reaction Score
Got a feeling that changes tomorrow.
If You look at Massey. ND has Played and beat more teams in their top 25. Idk if it will change. It could just don’t be shocked if it doesn’t.

Reaction Score
No way should Louisville get any #1 votes
Louisville only undefeated team left so until someone beats them they would get my vote. My take, Louisville, Baylor, UConn, ND, Oregon, MSST, Stanford.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame
2. Louisville
3. Baylor
4. UConn
5. Oregon
6. Stanford
7. Mississippi State
8. NC State
9. Tennessee
10. Maryland
This looks about right. You can put ND at #1 despite the loss to UCONN because teams morph throughout the season. These are not the same teams from a few weeks ago. The teams are starting to mesh and figure out what combination works best. There is still a long way to go, so enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
As a Women's College Basketball Fan, you couldn't ask for a better season thus far. Now it looks to me as if there will not be an undefeated team entering the NCAA Tournament. The seeding in the tournament will be very interesting. This could be the year when the Final 4 has the fewest 1-seeds in a good while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom