Next week's poll | The Boneyard

Next week's poll

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Question...when was the last time UCONN wasn't in the top 5?

I think at this point it's quite likely UCONN drops at least to number 5 assuming Oregon schools take care of business this weekend, although wouldn't be surprised at all if either team loses to Arizona). For the 5th spot, I'm guessing it'll be close between UCONN and Stanford. I don't see the Huskies dropping past Louisville or UCLA.

Reaction Score

I think at this point it's quite likely UCONN drops at least to number 5 assuming Oregon schools take care of business this weekend, although wouldn't be surprised at all if either team loses to Arizona). For the 5th spot, I'm guessing it'll be close between UCONN and Stanford. I don't see the Huskies dropping past Louisville or UCLA.
I personally would keep UConn in fifth but only by dropping Oregon State (overrated) to 6 or 7

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whatever spot the Huskies end up at, I’m quite sure Geno will be pleased to no longer be #1, a spot he didn’t believe UConn deserved in the first place. UConn can now go about the business of simply improving as a team without having to live up to the unrealistic expectations conferred on the #1 team in the nation.

Reaction Score
with Oregon losing to ASU tonight, I think UConn is assured of a spot in the top 5...probably 5th. I think a good question will be does OR fall behind LVille to 7th, since LV beat OR head to head.

Reaction Score

Since their first championship in 1994-95 UConn has had only 3 seasons (2004-05 to 2006-07) where they have ever been outside the AP Top 6. (refer my related post)

Their last week outside the AP Top 5 was Week 13 in 2006-07 season. For some context Baylor are the defending National Champs and were at No. 6 this week (source).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Since their first championship in 1994-95 UConn has had only 3 seasons (2004-05 to 2006-07) where they have ever been outside the AP Top 6. (refer my related post)

Their last week outside the AP Top 5 was Week 13 in 2006-07 season. For some context Baylor are the defending National Champs and were at No. 6 this week (source).

UCONN should be safely in top 5 next week with Oregon losing. Very little appears to separate the top 7-8 teams this year so far. More likely gets figured out once conference play really settles in. In regards to rankings and likely seeding, SC, Baylor and UCONN are in good spots for having great records considering their week conferences. Baylor probably doesn't lose again before the tournament. SC has a couple of challengers in the SEC and UCONN at home. UCONN has a couple of tough games with Baylor/SC but should roll through the AAC. Top teams in the PAC will come out with a lot of losses, and I think at most they eek out 2 #1 seeds.

UCLA surprisingly might be best positioned to win the conference since they only play the Oregon schools once and both times at home. Also only face Stanford once and already won their first 2 games over Arizona schools.

Reaction Score
UCLA surprisingly might be best positioned to win the conference since they only play the Oregon schools once and both times at home. Also only face Stanford once and already won their first 2 games over Arizona schools.
How fair is that? UCLA only has to play 3 games against the 3 toughest/best teams in the Pac-12 conference, while 6 is the norm? And 2 of those 3 games are at home to boot? Pretty lucky or pretty poor schedule making by the conference folks in charge.

Reaction Score
How fair is that? UCLA only has to play 3 games against the 3 toughest/best teams in the Pac-12 conference, while 6 is the norm? And 2 of those 3 games are at home to boot? Pretty lucky or pretty poor schedule making by the conference folks in charge.
Lucky. It is what happens when you have 12 teams divided into two divisions, with division play having back and backs. The northern division is tougher than the southern in wbb. It might be the reverse in other sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom