next week make or break | Page 2 | The Boneyard

next week make or break

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The one thing that I look back at and feel discouraged about were the two last second 3 pt losses. However if we win these next 3 games that would put us firmly back into the tourney and I think we can do it

I have always considered myself a pretty optimistic Husky fan, and I rarely take off my National Flag Blue tinted glasses. So I feel qualified to offer some advise on dealing with your EHOS (Excess Husky Optimism Syndrome).
  1. Avoid wearing the Nat'l Flag Blue tinted glasses and your blinders at the same time.
  2. See #1 above.
  3. The bong. Do not take a hit before posting to the 'yard.
Or, you can choose to just keep on keepin' on with your current attitude. You seem a lot less grumpy than the majority of the posters here, and that can't really be a bad thing, can it?

Reaction Score
I have always considered myself a pretty optimistic Husky fan, and I rarely take off my National Flag Blue tinted glasses. So I feel qualified to offer some advise on dealing with your EHOS (Excess Husky Optimism Syndrome).
  1. Avoid wearing the Nat'l Flag Blue tinted glasses and your blinders at the same time.
  2. See #1 above.
  3. The bong. Do not take a hit before posting to the 'yard.
Or, you can choose to just keep on keepin' on with your current attitude. You seem a lot less grumpy than the majority of the posters here, and that can't really be a bad thing, can it?

There have been some negatives this year but Im still a big believer that we are better than we have shown. We are just a few positive plays from being 17-5 instead of 13-9. I think when we have Brimah Hamilton Purvis Samuel and Boatright on the floor together and they are playing at high levels--its a really nice line up that has not reached its potential yet. We are poised to make a run--we are due. We have nice talent going 4 ward--how many teams has their whole team coming back - the PG but we have a nice one coming in to replace? We are in good shape and I look 4ward to the end of the year whether NCAA or NIT but I think that we will still be an NCAA team. No reason to be sour towards Uconn in any form no matter what happens. Uconn has been great for 20 years. I appreciate the team no matter what.

Reaction Score
The one thing that I look back at and feel discouraged about were the two last second 3 pt losses. However if we win these next 3 games that would put us firmly back into the tourney and I think we can do it
Your nuts! Win AAC tourney thats it! No other shot!

Reaction Score
Your nuts! Win AAC tourney thats it! No other shot!
Ha, always loved completely unsupported irrational statements which call other people nuts for their well grounded and substantiated opinions.

Reaction Score
There have been some negatives this year but Im still a big believer that we are better than we have shown.
It's lovely that this team passes your eye test. However, we're talking about your assertion that winning the next 3 games, which would put us at a still poor 6-8 vs top 100 teams, would essentially lock us in for an at-large bid.

Such an assertion is indicative of a disconnection from reality, which is the point Rich was making.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Recently released BPI (Bilas Index) has us at 53

53. UConn Huskies

This is the wait-and-see period with UConn. Given this program's history, no one will come right out and write off Ryan Boatright and the Huskies, but I don't notice anyone rushing forward to pick a repeat title, either. Too many turnovers and a lack of points in the paint have plagued Connecticut this season. That said, if Kevin Ollie's team wins its next three games -- at home against Tulsa, and on the road at SMU and Memphis -- just wait and see how fast this bandwagon fills to capacity. -- John Gasaway

Reaction Score
Ah, I wish somehow we used this line up all year. Nevertheless one down, next two we just need to play the same way. I think we have the better talent with this line up

caw

Reaction Score
honestly SMU will be a much tougher challenge. They are a better team than Tulsa and it will be a road game (something UConn hasn't done well with this year). Plus Brown just has Ollies number it seems.

Reaction Score
I do not think 3 wins puts us in, but it definitely gets us back in the conversation.

We would probably be around the first four out on that weeks bracketology.

The teams on the bubble have resumes not far off from us as is.

I think tonight's game was a statement game by your team. And the statement was that 'we have come to honor our dignity and reclaim our talent to regain our rightful position.' Good win tonight that may result in shaking Tulsa's confidence down the road, and advancing UCONN's.

Reaction Score
This is a differnt team with that line up NO way we are 14-9 with that line up--more like 19-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom