Next Week, in Order | The Boneyard

Next Week, in Order

Reaction Score
OK. Perk up you landlubbers, and gird your loins. Next week, barring you know what, should be enough to sate the most voracious:

MONDAY: @7PM FS1 USNT (soccer) v. Columbia
TUESDAY: @6:30 SNY Huskies v. Butler
THURSDAY: @ 7PM Huskies v. Tenn. ESPN2
FRIDAY: @7PM ESPN2 USNT (soccer) v. Columbia

Happy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
OK. Perk up you landlubbers, and gird your loins. Next week, barring you know what, should be enough to sate the most voracious:

Happy?
Columbia? The Ivy League has cancelled all sports this year. Perhaps you mean Colombia, the country?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Happy?
Saturday: @JordyG takes a nap.

Reaction Score

Happy?

If the 2 games happen then it's a good week. The Rest? Meh.

Reaction Score
January 18 to 22nd is EuroLeague Women Round 2

on EuroLeague Women 2020-21

Tuesday @ 1:30p Izmit vs Avenida (Katie Lou, Tiffany, Karlie)
Thursday @ 1:30p Avenida vs Nadzedha
Friday @ 1:30p Dynamo Zursk vs Avenida

also 2 to 3 games each for Gabby (Sopron), Kiah Stokes (Fenerbahce), Breanna Stewart (UMMC Ekaterinburg)

Get your basketball fix watch 10 to 12 games featuring UConn grads all next week.

All the teams are playing the round in a "bubble". Avenida's group - four teams are playing in Salamanca and they went in to the bubble in the last 24 hours so we will know pretty quick if all the games will be played. Izmit is the only team that couldn't play their games in round 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
January 18 to 22nd is EuroLeague Women Round 2

on EuroLeague Women 2020-21

Tuesday @ 1:30p Izmit vs Avenida (Katie Lou, Tiffany, Karlie)
Thursday @ 1:30p Avenida vs Nadzedha
Friday @ 1:30p Dynamo Zursk vs Avenida

also 2 to 3 games each for Gabby (Sopron), Kiah Stokes (Fenerbahce), Breanna Stewart (UMMC Ekaterinburg)

Get your basketball fix watch 10 to 12 games featuring UConn grads all next week.

All the teams are playing the round in a "bubble". Avenida's group - four teams are playing in Salamanca and they went in to the bubble in the last 24 hours so we will know pretty quick if all the games will be played. Izmit is the only team that couldn't play their games in round 1.
How can we watch the games, other than a phone app?

Reaction Score
How can we watch the games, other than a phone app?
all the Euroleague women games are on FIBA youtube. EuroLeague Women 2020-21
The games scroll on a banner across the top. The time in large print is our time, local time is their time. Each game has a link "Watch on Youtube.com"
I watch the games on my laptop. I like watching on laptop so I can keep a live stats boxscore on a separate tab. You can probably "cast" the game to a Smart TV ... but I have long since forgot how to do that.

Gabby has a game Monday at 2:00p; Tuesday games are Kiah at 1:00p; Lou, Tiffany, Karlie at 1:45, Breanna at 2:00p

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Will we be able to watch JordyG take a nap? Will he sleep on his side or stomach
Can't wait to see...Will there be commercial interruptions?..
laying down rafael nadal GIF by Australian Open

Here are pre, during and post highlights.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If the 2 games happen then it's a good week. The Rest? Meh.
With the cancellations and rescheduling done because of COVID, UConn has been placed in a very unusual situation. The fourth-ranked Huskies (7-0 overall, 6-0 Big East) are scheduled to host Butler on Tuesday, which — if the schedule holds — will start a stretch of four games in eight days.

With the Xavier move to Feb. 20, UConn is scheduled to play five consecutive true road games for the first time since February 1980, or when Geno Auriemma was an assistant boys coach at Bishop Kenrick High in Norristown, Pennsylvania.

But on the five-game 1980 trip, the Huskies’ total round-trip travel was about 700 miles. Their journey to Georgetown (Feb. 12), St. John’s (Feb. 17), Xavier Feb. 20), Creighton, (Feb. 25), and Butler (Feb. 27) should see them travel approximately 7,000 miles total round trip. :eek: Of course, it’s all subject to change.

Reaction Score
With the cancellations and rescheduling done because of COVID, UConn has been placed in a very unusual situation. The fourth-ranked Huskies (7-0 overall, 6-0 Big East) are scheduled to host Butler on Tuesday, which — if the schedule holds — will start a stretch of four games in eight days.

With the Xavier move to Feb. 20, UConn is scheduled to play five consecutive true road games for the first time since February 1980, or when Geno Auriemma was an assistant boys coach at Bishop Kenrick High in Norristown, Pennsylvania.

But on the five-game 1980 trip, the Huskies’ total round-trip travel was about 700 miles. Their journey to Georgetown (Feb. 12), St. John’s (Feb. 17), Xavier Feb. 20), Creighton, (Feb. 25), and Butler (Feb. 27) should see them travel approximately 7,000 miles total round trip. :eek: Of course, it’s all subject to change.
I think they will go on to Butler from Creighton, and maybe Xavier from St John's

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think they will go on to Butler from Creighton, and maybe Xavier from St John's
Me too. If they don't, that is a lot of time spent in hotel rooms. When UConn was on the road in Pennsylvania for the Villanova game back in December, during the post game interview, Geno said that the team COULD NOT eat together. They had to take ALL of their meals in their rooms. That is probably a conference protocol that is still in effect.

I don't know which would be worse, the extra air travel, or being cooped up in strange hotel rooms for 8 days. :confused: After thought.........the girls might opt for one long road trip. It would give them time away from the campus where they've been "cooped up" for months. They would probably welcome strange hotel rooms in different cities (eating different food) at this point. :)

Reaction Score

They could use an extra player for all those games..oh wait.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
all the Euroleague women games are on FIBA youtube. EuroLeague Women 2020-21
The games scroll on a banner across the top. The time in large print is our time, local time is their time. Each game has a link "Watch on Youtube.com"
I watch the games on my laptop. I like watching on laptop so I can keep a live stats boxscore on a separate tab. You can probably "cast" the game to a Smart TV ... but I have long since forgot how to do that.

Gabby has a game Monday at 2:00p; Tuesday games are Kiah at 1:00p; Lou, Tiffany, Karlie at 1:45, Breanna at 2:00p
Don't Smart TVs have the YOUTUBE app? I got a Smart TV in 2015 and it has it...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Happy?
This only counts if Covid doesn't get there first. Columbia announced this morning that 4 of their players are out with Covid. Not a good omen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom