Next up AIC Yellow Jackets - Friday 10/21 | The Boneyard

Next up AIC Yellow Jackets - Friday 10/21

Reaction Score
So after the 1st loss. They get a team that has only 1 game played. But played UNION to 5-4 loss. How will Huskies come out ? Line play still IMO looks young, but they could skate with him them talent wise. The goalies ?
Anybody know is that kid out for the season ?

Reaction Score
So after the 1st loss. They get a team that has only 1 game played. But played UNION to 5-4 loss. How will Huskies come out ? Line play still IMO looks young, but they could skate with him them talent wise. The goalies ?
Anybody know is that kid out for the season ?

What kid?

Reaction Score
(#21) someone said he is out for the season. (mac#'s) can't remember numbers.
FWR: Jeff wight.
I missed the injuries of both wight and drake, so I'm not sure what happened. I walked in right after the letunov hit. Missed the hit and sat down @ beginning of 5:00 min boarding call.

What happened to either one? None of the articles on the game really have anything on what happened other than it happened on the 1st shift

Reaction Score
Can't remember if it's official but I thought I read Wight is out the year - maybe it was the Courant article today.

They didn't specify what kind of injury but I'd assume knee maybe

Reaction Score
Letunov, Wight, and the guys who were scratched stood next to me for a few minutes during the second period. Wight had his arm in a sling. Either shoulder or collar bone related would be my guess.

Reaction Score
After the 1st period.2-1
Goals by Richardson and El-Mir
The holding call on AIC was garbage and the hit after the whistle was BS while not calling boarding on AIC

Reaction Score
I know I complain about the officiating a lot, but that embellishment call by Ronan was BS. You call it a penalty, and then give the player hit with embellishment? Like, wat?

Was it a penalty or embellishment? It can't be both...

It was on the other end of ice from me, so someone can maybe explain that officiating in the 2nd

Tied after 2. 2-2

Reaction Score
Game ends 2-2 tie
UConn outshoots them like 37-16
Seemed like they entire third period we had the PP still couldn't score
We hit the post and crossbar in second period
Thompson never really asserted himself seems he really missed letunov who we definitely missed with all the open ice we had in the third period
The AIC goalie played well but got lucky like I said two posts hit but also five or six saves where he's looking all over for the rebound and it's just sitting there with no one to whack it in
With letunov we probably win by 2 or 3 but oh well

Reaction Score
Game ends 2-2 tie
UConn outshoots them like 37-16
Seemed like they entire third period we had the PP still couldn't score
We hit the post and crossbar in second period
Thompson never really asserted himself seems he really missed letunov who we definitely missed with all the open ice we had in the third period
The AIC goalie played well but got lucky like I said two posts hit but also five or six saves where he's looking all over for the rebound and it's just sitting there with no one to whack it in
With letunov we probably win by 2 or 3 but oh well
I really think not having Letunov hurt their offense tonight.He always seems to be around the puck when good things happen.I also think they were getting to cute with the puck on power plays,trying to make the pretty pass.You have to shoot the puck on net to have a chance to score.The power play was atrocious tonight, with so many man advantages. Nichols let in a soft goal on the short side too. That's the difference in winning and tying.

Reaction Score
Game Misconduct carryover from QU game...
Only would've been a mandatory one-game suspension if he got a game DQ, not a game misconduct. DQs are VERY rare, what he did didn't merit a DQ and I don't think he got one. Unless the league assessed a one-gamer after the fact, which I hadn't heard about.

Reaction Score

Somehow, I missed the hit, but Letunov obviously screwed up. Fans didn't seem to be expecting an ejection, etc.

Reaction Score

Somehow, I missed the hit, but Letunov obviously screwed up. Fans didn't seem to be expecting an ejection, etc.

Wow they did give the DQ for that? That's absurd. It was a bad hit, a boarding major and a misconduct for sure, but there's virtually no precedent in handing out a DQ for that.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't a team with their aspirations be able to beat AIC whether or not Letunov plays?

The next 8 games will determine whether or not UConn will be in the running for an at large bid.

2 @ #3 Notre Dame
1 @ UMass
2 @ #19 Ohio State
Home and home with #8 Boston University
1 vs #10 Boston College

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shouldn't a team with their aspirations be able to beat AIC whether or not Letunov plays?

The next 8 games will determine whether or not UConn will be in the running for an at large bid.

2 @ #3 Notre Dame
1 @ UMass
2 @ #19 Ohio State
1 vs #10 Boston College
It's games like AIC that the JR class has top exert itself. Like I have said several times...the success or non-success of this group of kids will determine the fate of this team.

Reaction Score

2 @ #3 Notre Dame
1 @ UMass
2 @ #19 Ohio State
1 vs #10 Boston College
At-large NCAA bid? That's a very, very unrealistic barometer for this team. To get an at-large, you have to be at least in the top 15, if not the top 14 depending on how bad the bottom conferences are. UConn is not near being one of the top 14 or 15 teams in the country. First round home ice and winning a HE tournament series is far more realistic, and should be this year's expectation. A run to the Garden would be a huge accomplishment and, depending on the QF draw, is not unrealistic.

Ties against Colgate and AIC are RPI killers, and tying RIT/losing to QU presents a very difficult common opponent picture against other ECAC teams. UConn should not be judged on whether they get an at-large, their finishing position in the conference and HET performance are a much better test.

Reaction Score
At-large NCAA bid? That's a very, very unrealistic barometer for this team. To get an at-large, you have to be at least in the top 15, if not the top 14 depending on how bad the bottom conferences are. UConn is not near being one of the top 14 or 15 teams in the country. First round home ice and winning a HE tournament series is far more realistic, and should be this year's expectation. A run to the Garden would be a huge accomplishment and, depending on the QF draw, is not unrealistic.

Ties against Colgate and AIC are RPI killers, and tying RIT/losing to QU presents a very difficult common opponent picture against other ECAC teams. UConn should not be judged on whether they get an at-large, their finishing position in the conference and HET performance are a much better test.
I think it's unrealistic too. That was the goal Cavanaugh put forth at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
I think it's unrealistic too. That was the goal Cavanaugh put forth at the beginning of the season.
His team sure doesn't play like that's the goal put forth at the beginning of the season. They don't play with killer instinct. Sacred Heart is coached better right now.

Reaction Score
His team sure doesn't play like that's the goal put forth at the beginning of the season. They don't play with killer instinct. Sacred Heart is coached better right now.
The Sacred Heart team I saw with my two eyes last Friday night was a joke. Happened to have a hot goalie who stood on his head as long as he could before the floodgates broke open. Their special teams were an abject disaster.

Reaction Score
I also think these Atlantic teams play extra hard against UConn right now. But the Huskies were also a little unlucky which happens in hockey. You outplay a team but they get great goaltending and you hit a couple of posts and despite it all game ends tied or a loss. UConn did it to Providence a couple of years ago. It's part of the sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom