Next Up - #11 Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Up - #11 Creighton

Reaction Score
We are far from a comfortable position right now.

And I have zero confidence the Selection Committee will be forgiving of Bouk's absence.

I don't know how many games we're going to end up playing, but we need to get to something like 14-7. A game or two over .500 isn't cutting it.
Which is exactly the reason for the visceral response after St. Johns. Our margin for error is really thin and we have 6-8 more games without Bouk. Even then, is he going to be the same right out of the gate? We sure could have used the W. Still pissed; the next bunch of games have me nervous.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I distinctly remember watching our to be national champs get crushed by SJ at MSG in 2011. One of the few games I had to leave early with time remaining in the game. Even Kemba couldn't keep this one close.
I know Ive mentioned this in the past, but MSG was hostile that night. Ive been to road games before, but I just did not have a good feeling at that game. We had a good amount of fans like we always do at MSG, but some of the St John’s fans were nasty.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
we're a top 20 team with Bouk. an NIT team without, unless our young guys are allowed to play, for better or worse..

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
The SJU coach took Polley out of the game and Hurley took Sanogo out of the game. Let's see what the Creighton coach does.
The fact is, Bouk can create his own 3 or shoot quickly after receiving a pass. Polley can shoot quickly with a guy on him, and can move a bit and create space with his height and high release.

Every other 3 point shooter on the team - Cole, Gaff, Adams, Martin - need to have space to shoot an acceptable percentage.

That, in a a sentence, is the great weakness on our team, which St. John's exploited beautifully. Bouk is out, so they only had to worry about one guy hitting tough 3s - they took Polley out with some great defense.

For some odd reason, they gave Cole a bunch of clean looks early. Later? Not so much.

Further, only Martin has the ability to penetrate and get a shot off, but, as we've seen, he's just not a top-tier scorer who easily finishes at the rim (love the guy, though).

The result against a team that is dedicated to playing tough D and taking away Polley's open 3s?

2nd half of the St. John's game.

Not going to lie . . . I'm worried that St. John's laid down a pattern that future teams will copy. Not sure that other teams will have the intensity and D to pull it off, but the pattern is there, and I know that neither Cole, Gaffney, nor Adams is suddenly going to develop a great driving game.

Bouk would have eaten St. John's alive from the line.
sigh2.jpg

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The fact is, Bouk can create his own 3 or shoot quickly after receiving a pass. Polley can shoot quickly with a guy on him, and can move a bit and create space with his height and high release.

Every other 3 point shooter on the team - Cole, Gaff, Adams, Martin - need to have space to shoot an acceptable percentage.

That, in a a sentence, is the great weakness on our team, which St. John's exploited beautifully. Bouk is out, so they only had to worry about one guy hitting tough 3s - they took Polley out with some great defense.

For some odd reason, they gave Cole a bunch of clean looks early. Later? Not so much.

Further, only Martin has the ability to penetrate and get a shot off, but, as we've seen, he's just not a top-tier scorer who easily finishes at the rim (love the guy, though).

The result against a team that is dedicated to playing tough D and taking away Polley's open 3s?

2nd half of the St. John's game.

Not going to lie . . . I'm worried that St. John's laid down a pattern that future teams will copy. Not sure that other teams will have the intensity and D to pull it off, but the pattern is there, and I know that neither Cole, Gaffney, nor Adams is suddenly going to develop a great driving game.

Bouk would have eaten St. John's alive from the line.
sigh2.jpg
agree. but (regardless of coaching) we can't always be that pathetic around the rim, on driving the lane, and free throws. if we were even acceptable in one of those, it was a win.

Reaction Score
I don't know UConn, the game on Saturday might be alot harder......PC has some needs this game tomorrow against Creighton and they play well in Omaha..... PC has 3 losses in a row, PC will return the favor to Creighton tomorrow.......look for Duke to have another 30 point night.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
They just advertised the UConn Creighton game on FS1 during the Nova game and they used an old pic of Whaley with the AAC logo on his jersey... smh

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Bouk had 40 against them, we lost. Never say never but really would've been nice to be 8-1 is all I can say.
Bouk had 40 and Creighton seemed to have a nice flow in their game. Everybody seemed to score. We had our chance in game 1. We needed the St. Johns win. Trying to be realistic here. Doesn't look good. I wish at the end of the game I stick my foot in my foot, and get called out. Who is going to make up the 40 points? Now if Polley goes off, well it is going to be a thriller.

Reaction Score
Bouk had 40 and Creighton seemed to have a nice flow in their game. Everybody seemed to score. We had our chance in game 1. We needed the St. Johns win. Trying to be realistic here. Doesn't look good. I wish at the end of the game I stick my foot in my foot, and get called out. Who is going to make up the 40 points? Now if Polley goes off, well it is going to be a thriller.
We also hadn't played in 16 days.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Just don’t see enough scoring to beat Creighton unless we force >20 TOs and go crazy on the boards on both ends.

Reaction Score
I know it's just a figure of speech, but that doesn't even seem physically possible.

Reaction Score
I know some people were wondering whether Zeg would be back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom