Next: UC Bearcats - Their Record So Far | The Boneyard

Next: UC Bearcats - Their Record So Far

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Not a great record, but the game isn't played on paper. UConn needs a fast start and no let up.

IMG_1526.JPG
I

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Why not add "on any given day..." unfortunately I doubt ANY of us believe it. This is not taking them for granted but simple analysis of who UConn is and what Cincinnati is. We all like Jamelle however this is not the Temple like coached team we just played.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cinci has had a great season. The wheels have fallen off a bit as they are about to be on a 4 game losing streak, but compared to what they did last year, this is light years better. Last year they were 8-22 and 4-14 in the conference. So far this year they have almost doubled their win total and are at 14-8, and 5-4 in the conference. Great to see them on an upward trajectory...

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Cincinnati will be playing UConn after their game against Tulsa. Not only did Gabby and Lou get benched the first half of the game, but Geno has been on the war path. Geno has also been getting on Crystal.

HGN

Reaction Score
Cinci has had a great season. The wheels have fallen off a bit as they are about to be on a 4 game losing streak, but compared to what they did last year, this is light years better. Last year they were 8-22 and 4-14 in the conference. So far this year they have almost doubled their win total and are at 14-8, and 5-4 in the conference. Great to see them on an upward trajectory...
Eric , I was thinking the same thing. This team is a lot better than her last 2 years really. Jamelle just needs a couple of 4/5 Star players to give her team some momentum. If you look at it differently , its not her coaching that's holding her and this team back , its the lack of star players. It boils down to recruiting. If she can convince a couple of key players to sign , things would be different.

I believe Jamelle is a good coach , just look at what she's done with average and 3-star players . She just hasn't been able to sign a couple of good 4/5 -star players.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Eric , I was thinking the same thing. This team is a lot better than her last 2 years really. Jamelle just needs a couple of 4/5 Star players to give her team some momentum. If you look at it differently , its not her coaching that's holding her and this team back , its the lack of star players. It boils down to recruiting. If she can convince a couple of key players to sign , things would be different....I believe Jamelle is a good coach , just look at what she's done with average and 3-star players . She just hasn't been able to sign a couple of good 4/5 -star players.

But will the improvement yield a closer score than games past?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If the Bearcats' future hinges on some recruits, UConn will win easily. This is not a team with a stellar record or any top-flight recruiting. I don't think Janelle's has been the answer, evenif/though she hasn't been beholden to fair expectations. We always want to see strong records and great recruiting when we've had neither in Ohio. Where is the program's future potential? Any big recruiting scores or any year-over-year success? JE was a great, great Husky, but is the writing on the wall?

Just curious -certainly not trying to attack Janelle Elliott.

HGN

Reaction Score
BigBird, I think it will yield a closer score when the Bearcats play the Huskies...... (A closer score because the talent gap between the Huskies and the Bearcats is just too large to immediately yield much in the way of Wins, I think.) But added talent , along with Jamelle's coaching skills , should yield Wins against many other teams.

HGN

Reaction Score
BigBird, I think it will yield a closer score when the Bearcats play the Huskies...... (A closer score because the talent gap between the Huskies and the Bearcats is just too large to immediately yield much in the way of Wins, I think.) But added talent , along with Jamelle's coaching skills , should yield Wins against many other teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom