Next Steps, Things To Keep An Eye On | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Steps, Things To Keep An Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The crowd last night didn't leave early was a fun game.

They have got to fix the pricing. I was helping a couple of people at work in town on business, 2 tickets in 205 S were $78. Our community relations people came up with comps behind the Cinci bench - there was no way they were buying from the box office otherwise.

Day to day, game to game having different pricing schemes is killing them. They need to realize immediately that the market is not bearing a $33 face value in the second level.

Stop screwing the season ticket holders by randomly discounting games. Make the lowers $25, the decent uppers $15 and the bad uppers $10 on a season basis and get people back in the habit of being in the building.

The students aren't going to show up? Let them give their tickets back to the school and give them to area high schools, Big Brothers, youth basketball programs. The crowd is so old it's frightening. Where are the future season ticket holders when the dinosaurs are gone?

Reaction Score
whaler 11 said:
The students aren't going to show up? Let them give their tickets back to the school and give them to area high schools, Big Brothers, youth basketball programs. The crowd is so old it's frightening. Where are the future season ticket holders when the dinosaurs are gone?

If that's not the 6 million dollar question nothing is.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There were over 5000 unsold tickets last night for the last game at the Civic Center against a competitive ball club in a year where we are still clinging to the edges of the Big East race. That, my friends, is a far bigger issue for this program going forward than the money that a conference we want to leave isn't getting from networks.

Good point. UConn deserves what happened to its athletic program.

Reaction Score
BL has a major point here. His comment helped crystalize a bad feeling I had watching the last three MBB games at the XL on the tube. The crowd appeared to be late in arriving, leaving early, not into the game unless the team brought them into it with a run. It did not compare favorably with the game that followed in terms of the buzz that came across on the tube. Last night was the exception it looked ok compared with Duke/VT but that was a visiting team blow out early on. My point is for people like me who just see our teams on TV, the impression is that our biggest sport as an athletic department is faltering.

Don't draw conclusions from the TV when everything depends on mike placement. I trust eyewitness reports who say the Cuse and nova games were rocking, while the Cincy game was not. From personal experience at football games, this has always been true for me when people complain about the Patriots stadium or the Rent. It's loud there but the TV audience hears little to nothing.

Reaction Score
Good point. UConn deserves what happened to its athletic program.

So what's the problem here? If the last 5000 tickets to the Cincy BBall game were offered free to the public the day before, would the arena have been filled? Is it the economy-- or a more insidious lessening of interest? It's the same mystery as to why The Rent isn't filled at kickoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom